Ok, Zwave_JS has multicast, now how do I use it?

Didn’t take long to get an reply there. It was a bug. It’s already fixed and part of v8.0.1 of node-zwave-js. Which, I see, has already been incorporated into a new build of zwavejs2mqtt: 5.3.0.

I have now tested it and I do believe it did the trick! Now the blinds will also accept a Up (or Down): false, to stop the ongoing movement via multicast. Wonderful!

2 Likes

hi @all

I’ve tried multicast (broadcast) too, using the node red Flow above.+
Got the following Error Message. Any Idea?

Without Broadcast ist works… NodeId 1 is the Aeotec 7stick Controller…

Then don’t use broadcast.

But I’will… what an answer …

If you read the description of what broadcast does you’d understand why for this instance you’d not use it and why you get the error message.
"Whether command should be broadcast to all devices on the network."

Now since not ALL your nodes support command class 38, you are going to get an error message.
The logical conclusion: don’t use broadcast

all my qubino flush Dimmer support broadcast …The error comes from aeotec Z7 Controller.
I’ve read the description…routet devices not support. but all my dimmers are not routed…
Why should controller broadcast himself?

The broadcast taht your device is listing is unrelated to the meaning behind broadcast in the service. Don’t use broadcast on the service if you want to target specific nodes.

1 Like

Sorry I do no understand…
I thought I have to define ids?

My goal is, all of my dimmers simultan power on.

Ok, remove broadcast: "true". That’s it. Everything else is fine.

1 Like

Ok thanks…I’ll tried…and it works.

Any Idea… but sometimes it breaks…

Any device did not response…

2021-12-22 15:58:33.060 ERROR ZWAVE-SERVER: One or more nodes did not respond to the multicast request (Status Fail) (ZW0202)
ZWaveError: One or more nodes did not respond to the multicast request (Status Fail) (ZW0202)
at Driver.sendMessage (/opt/node_modules/zwave-js/src/lib/driver/Driver.ts:3345:23)
at Driver.sendCommand (/opt/node_modules/zwave-js/src/lib/driver/Driver.ts:3504:28)
at Driver.trySendCommandSupervised (/opt/node_modules/zwave-js/src/lib/driver/Driver.ts:3599:15)
at MultilevelSwitchCCAPI.set (/opt/node_modules/zwave-js/src/lib/commandclass/MultilevelSwitchCC.ts:173:47)
at Proxy.MultilevelSwitchCCAPI.<computed> (/opt/node_modules/zwave-js/src/lib/commandclass/MultilevelSwitchCC.ts:323:33)
at VirtualNode.setValue (/opt/node_modules/zwave-js/src/lib/node/VirtualNode.ts:65:14)
at Function.handle (/opt/node_modules/@zwave-js/server/dist/lib/multicast_group/message_handler.js:13:51)
at Object.multicast_group (/opt/node_modules/@zwave-js/server/dist/lib/server.js:40:112)
at Client.receiveMessage (/opt/node_modules/@zwave-js/server/dist/lib/server.js:95:99)
at WebSocket.<anonymous> (/opt/node_modules/@zwave-js/server/dist/lib/server.js:48:45)
2021-12-22 15:58:34.849 ERROR ZWAVE-SERVER: One or more nodes did not respond to the multicast request (Status Fail) (ZW0202)
ZWaveError: One or more nodes did not respond to the multicast request (Status Fail) (ZW0202)
at Driver.sendMessage (/opt/node_modules/zwave-js/src/lib/driver/Driver.ts:3345:23)
at Driver.sendCommand (/opt/node_modules/zwave-js/src/lib/driver/Driver.ts:3504:28)
at BinarySwitchCCAPI.set (/opt/node_modules/zwave-js/src/lib/commandclass/BinarySwitchCC.ts:114:21)
at Proxy.BinarySwitchCCAPI.<computed> (/opt/node_modules/zwave-js/src/lib/commandclass/BinarySwitchCC.ts:129:14)
at VirtualNode.setValue (/opt/node_modules/zwave-js/src/lib/node/VirtualNode.ts:65:14)
at Function.handle (/opt/node_modules/@zwave-js/server/dist/lib/multicast_group/message_handler.js:13:51)
at Object.multicast_group (/opt/node_modules/@zwave-js/server/dist/lib/server.js:40:112)
at Client.receiveMessage (/opt/node_modules/@zwave-js/server/dist/lib/server.js:95:99)
at WebSocket.<anonymous> (/opt/node_modules/@zwave-js/server/dist/lib/server.js:48:45)
at WebSocket.emit (node:events:390:28)
2021-12-22 15:58:36.875 ERROR ZWAVE-SERVER: One or more nodes did not respond to the multicast request (Status Fail) (ZW0202)
at Driver.trySendCommandSupervised (/opt/node_modules/zwave-js/src/lib/driver/Driver.ts:3599:15)
at MultilevelSwitchCCAPI.set (/opt/node_modules/zwave-js/src/lib/commandclass/MultilevelSwitchCC.ts:173:47)
at Proxy.MultilevelSwitchCCAPI.<computed> (/opt/node_modules/zwave-js/src/lib/commandclass/MultilevelSwitchCC.ts:323:33)
2021-12-22 15:58:38.681 ERROR ZWAVE-SERVER: One or more nodes did not respond to the multicast request (Status Fail) (ZW0202)
at BinarySwitchCCAPI.set (/opt/node_modules/zwave-js/src/lib/commandclass/BinarySwitchCC.ts:114:21)
at Proxy.BinarySwitchCCAPI.<computed> (/opt/node_modules/zwave-js/src/lib/commandclass/BinarySwitchCC.ts:129:14)
2021-12-22 15:58:39.124 ERROR ZWAVE-SERVER: One or more nodes did not respond to the multicast request (Status Fail) (ZW0202)
2021-12-22 15:58:40.960 ERROR ZWAVE-SERVER: One or more nodes did not respond to the multicast request (Status Fail) (ZW0202)

Your hardware didn’t respond, nothing you can do.

1 Like