[On Hold] Deprecating Home Assistant Supervised on generic Linux

NUC has a mobile chip CPU.

Thanks @carver. So you think an LXC container on Proxmox should offer better performance (or more resource for other containers)?

Cheers

The idea with the LXC container in proxmox is that it will require fewer resources than a VM in proxmox. Haven’t tried it yet though but I plan on checking it out…

But it is still x86-64.

The LXC is definitely not recommended or supported and the devs have stated numerous times it will at some point cause problems. The VM script is fine.

There are other options beside a pi (they’re listed), but I’d like to see alternatives to the NUC.

1 Like

Good to know :+1:

So I was considering upgrading my Debian/Docker box to Proxmox VE, what is the preferred VM image to use in this case? Is there an up to date guide for such cases?

I think if you search this thread for whiskerz007, all will be revealed.

1 Like

Thanks good to know about JSON5… in that case I don’t see how an INI file is any substitute though - it’s simply key/value pairs with no data types for values and no array or object structures…

Can we please take this debate to another thread as it is off topic in this one :slight_smile:

If you can’t support it I guess it is what it is. Just thought it put my hand up as one more person running the supervised install on generic Linux (Raspbian). It works well and allows me control of drivers for my custom hardware.

Thanks again for the amazing hobby,
Devan

4 Likes

I got the qcow2 up and running in KVM. I’m not using it as my main HA instance yet, but it seems stable enough.

2 Likes

If it were a first class citizen, wouldn’t there be a ha-core ha-supervisor bundle, easily installable by pulling 2 containers or running 1 docker compose script?
I feel several integrations are simply not offered in the core version (like Ring)

edit: I’m wrong here. using an old version somehow.

1 Like

Home assistant core includes the ring integration

Ah ok it’s just me then. Could this then be caused by the fact I turned of the gui-config, and am merely using yaml?

lovelace:
  mode: yaml

Or the fact you seem to be quite a few versions behind?

2 Likes

not sure, but it should be there depending on the version you are running. there is mention in the configs for ring about not able to use yaml anymore

2 Likes

Lovelace mode has no impact on the integrations page.

2 Likes

I’m on the latest image. pulled today.

edit: nevermind. it’s me. Although I pulled the latest image from the hub, I’m still getting a 0.102
but why does it remain on this version while I just pulled the latest homeassistant/home-assistant.
I’m using unraid/docker, btw.

edit2: ffs unraid

I swear I just pulled the latest image.
Just bumped into another unraid MEGAbug.

Just went from 0.102 to 0.109 … debuggin config time
like ALL my groups are no longer working. So basically almost everything :slight_smile: