Ondilo integration with Home Assistant

@dartdoka I understand the limitations of the both the API and ICO itself. The sensors are not refreshing at all except when I restart HA.

ICO

@devbobo Hi, this is corrected in my branch. You can update your code… Note that I’ve also renamed the sensors: I removed “Ondilo” in front of all sensors as I thought it was useless.

@dartdoka thanks, I’ve just updated…i’ll let you know how things go.

@dartdoka sorry, been meaning to drop by and let you know that everything is working fine… thanks

@dartdoka just a heads up, after the latest core upgrade, your integration stopped working.

You need to change from using UNIT_PERCENTAGE to PERCENTAGE in sensor.py

@devbobo Yep! I’ve seen and corrected that yesterday. Thanks!

Tried the integration today, seems to work!!! Great work!

/J

Hi, I’m new to HA and not a programmer. Can you tell me how to get the API Token?
I’m running HA as a Docker Container on Synology NAS.

Thanks in advance
Michael

If you install the Integration via HACS it will guide you how to create a token in the wizard.

Kind Regards Jens

Thanks for the fast reply, HACS does not find the ondilo ICO Repository in my Installation. “No repositories found matching your filter” appears, when searching for “ondilo”.
What am I doing wrong?
Is it beacause of the docker Container? I had to install HACS manually, but it works fine…

Hi!

I’m pretty new to HA and only have few weeks behind me getting familiar with the system. I’ve installed few add ons via HACS using the store (Bhyve integration) and custom repository (Sonoff lan) but this integration got me puzzled.

I tried installing this as custom repository with every possible way but no luck. When I installed sonoff lan I just had to paste this text “AlexxIT/SonoffLAN” and it was automatically able to fetch the repository from GitHub.

Am I missing the obvious with this add on? I also tried downloading the folder ondilo_ico into my HA custom_components folder but not sure what to do after that. I think I need to turn this component somehow on with configuration file but I think there’s something else since I also found these lines from const.py.

# TODO Update with your own urls

Happy to wait until this becomes available on HACS “officially” but also keen on learning how to get my spa data to my HA as soon as possible :slight_smile:

Hi Jens,
could you please help me with a step by step instruction to install this Plugin via HACS?
When trying to add “https://github.com/JeromeHXP/ondilo” to HACS as “Custom Repository” it tells me:
“Repostitory structure for master is not compliant”

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
Michael

1 Like

Having the same issue as “kultikom”!

Hi @kultikom @eranjo3 ,
I don’t know how HACS works so my repo is not configured specifically for it. I’ll look into it.
However, https://github.com/JeromeHXP/ondilo is the repo for the ondilo library, not the Home Assistant component.
To manually install it, you can just copy my code from https://github.com/JeromeHXP/core/tree/Ondilo_ICO_integration/homeassistant/components/ondilo_ico into your custom_components directory (in a ondilo_ico folder).

Hope this helps

1 Like

thanks, dartdoka, it works now.
These are the steps I needed to do:

1. create a folder “ondilo” as subfolder into “custom_components” folder
  2. copy all your files from the link above into this “ondilo” folder
  3. restart HA
  4. go to “Settings” - “Integrations” - “+” and search for ondilo -> install the component
  5. the assistant guides you throug the setup for API Token
  6. restart HA
  7. enjoy :slight_smile:

From now on it works fine!
Thank you very very much!!

Thanks @kultikom for putting together this step by step guide!

My mistake was trying to find the custom app from HACS after copying the files into custom components folder and restarting HA. And not from “configuration” -> “integrations” :slight_smile:

And a huge thank you for @dartdoka for creating this integration! I hope someone is able to compile this for HA for those who find this process a bit too difficult.

Hi,
I’m planning to open a PR to the main HA repo for that but it takes some time… Trying to do that asap…
BR

Thank you for the step-by-step guide on how to install the component and thanks for all the work you all put in this!

I’m very new to HA and I have only limited programming skills… However, when I try to install the component (Step 4 of @kultikom list) I get an error message “cancelled” (actually it’s in german “abgebrochen”).
Does anyone have an idea how I can overcome that? It seems it had worked in other places so I suppose it’s a local config problem or a problem in front of the keyboard.

Hi Pete,
can you please show a screen shot of your Files in the Folder Config\Custom_components\balboa ?
it should look like this:
grafik

!!! EDIT: wrong file-path - see comment below. Please use Config\Custom_components\ondilo !!!

Hi Michael
I don’t have the balboa component installed - maybe I’m not understanding everything correctly, but I thought I only needed the ondilo integration? Did I need the balboa integration to run the ondilo? - anyway - here’s a screenshot of my ondilo_ico directory

Screenshot 2020-11-05 130245

(I hope the screenshot is displayed, cause it doesnt show in the preview…)