One more thing…

Big thanks for this awesome app!!! Really nice to have these sensors for the macs, is there any chance to get multiple instances of home assistant use this sensors?

Nice ideas list!!! Thanks :slight_smile:
I added some of them today to my automation!

• Presence -> color light
  • Camera -> soft color light + pause music on sono (this part isn’t implemented yet)

I love the red light in your hallway, but don’t have the hardware yet.

1 Like

I am using the app also on my Mac.

I hope you also will be adding a way to make the lettertype bigger because it’s pretty tiny on a 34" screen

Agreed. IOT Link does not compare. So I’ll ask …WHERE IS THE LOVE FOR WINDOWS? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes, that integration looks great, but there are a heap of really juicy sensors in the Mac integration that aren’t covered by lm-sensors such as the “Active”, “Camera” and “Microphone” sensors. I realize it was done on the Mac because of the easy port from IOS, but we can’t have Linux lagging behind :wink:

I switched to a Linux laptop from MacOS this year and I’m sure all the info is available in Linux to get the same set of sensors, but it would be great to have them in one place.

1 Like

That’s a pity;
“You have macOS 10.14.6. The application requires macOS 10.15 or later.”
Can’t update yet as some other programs aren’t stable for my usage

This is really cool, thanks for making this available :slight_smile:

Please do Windows next! This is amazing :scream:

3 Likes

This is great but I’ve noticed that, if I close the window, after a period (not sure how long) the sensors stop updating. Is there any way to keep it running in the background and updating sensors appart from keeping the window open?

Under Preferences -> Sensors -> Periodic Update you can change it from anywhere between 20 seconds to 1 hour. I forget what the default value is, but I have mine set to 1 minute and it updates in the background fine.

Wow very impressive! That’s one heck of a birthday party :partying_face:
When the app goes out of beta, will it become available on the macOS AppStore?

I’ve changed it to 1 minute (it was on 5 minutes), and I’ll see what happens. However, it seems that the Home Assistant application is actually getting terminated by macOS (I’m on Catalina 10.15.6).

A few seconds after closing the window the dot disappears from under the icon in the Dock and some time after that (the exact amount of time seems to vary) the process disappears from Activity Monitor as well and so the sensors stop updating.

The last thing I see in the log file when this happens is this:

2020-09-19 17:32:35.552 [Debug] [main] [BackgroundTask.swift:56] execute(withName:beginBackgroundTask:endBackgroundTask:wrapping:) > ending background task signaled-update-sensors (6379734E-85FD-450A-A2F8-9C3752A42FBC)
and I also see this checking the logs in Console:

[io.robbie.HomeAssistant] Executing termination for reason (none) with request: <FBSProcessTerminationRequest: 0x600002dd9000; label: "Processes that RunningBoard suspends are immediately terminated on macOS."; reportType: (none); explanation: 0x0>

So it looks like the process is getting suspended and then terminated.

Keeping the window minimised is the only way I can seem to stop it getting terminated.

That seems like a bug to me - when I close the window (through cmd-w), the dock indicator remains and the app doesn’t quit. I’m on the macOS Big Sur public beta, though.

Someone else who’s also on 10.15.6 has opened an issue report for this earlier today, so if you can share these log items there too, that would be helpful.

IOTlink works ok… until my Microsoft Surface goes to sleep.

IOTlink fails to work once my PC wakes up. I have to restart the service to see the sensors in HA.

Windows users like myself would love a dedicated HA application that included sensors, camera access and notifications.

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning IOTLink!

I didn’t imagine that this project was going to grow as it did when I started it.

I know that the latest versions were very unstable for a long time, as I was away for a few months due to personal problems. However, I would like to invite everyone to try the latest versions (I just released v2.2.1).

Problems will always exist, but with the help of the community, we will reach stability. Remembering that it is possible to create addons for it, expanding its functionality.

Regards,
Alex

3 Likes

I would really like some limited ability to control the macOS host from Home Assistant, like locking the screen, starting screensaver or putting the screen to sleep. I’d like to sleep the screen as part of my “good night” process to turn down the brightness should the screensaver be running.

I realize there are some security concerns here, so being able to launch some arbitrary shell script or application on macOS is probably asking for a bit much.

Is it just me or does anyone else see a problem with the resolution on their end? The interface is just…fuzzy. Like it is scaling a lower resolution image to fill the screen. I played with scaling in the preferences, but that doesn’t help. Am I missing something?

No telling if this comes through, but here’s the app:

Here’s the same view on chrome:

Here’s a side by side. App on left, chrome on right:

Is there a setting I should adjust somewhere?

It was an issue with scaling that Zac recently merged a fix for, so it’ll be in the next build.

2 Likes

you da man. Loving it so far. This was the only thing that stuck out at me. Actually one other thing but it is minor. You can see it in my screen shots above: chrome rounds the corners on the live view camera stream per the active theme, whereas the app does not. Want me to submit an issue or is this operator error?

Edit: OK two more things. When I access node-RED through ingress the app appears to be presenting itself as if it were on a touch display. So no scroll bars, no RMB hold for pan, no scroll wheel for pan up and down. It looks like the git repository above is for the ios app, so should i submit this there? Seems to only be an ‘issue’ in the context of a port to desktop

Yeah feel free to open issues for those on the iOS repo.

Currently the macOS app shares the same user agent as the iOS app. I suspect that is the reason for node-RED behaving as mobile / touch, but I’m not 100% sure.

1 Like