One more thing…

Hi there

Since the update to Monterey, I cannot connect to my HAS. The server is found immediately, but connection does not work at all. The wheel keeps turning forever. Tried the app on mac os Catalina, Mojave an Big Sur, all no problem. Seems, the app has some problems with Monterey.

I at last got around building my office gadget with a display to say when I’m in a call or not (I see others have done the same).

One thing I picked up, is that the output and mic sensors (like sensor.my_imac_active_audio_output and sensor.my_imac_active_microphone) only reflects a correct values when using the built-in hardware or wired earphones. When using Airpods (I haven’t tested other Bluetooth headsets) these states change to Inactive. I was wondering whether this is a known issue and what the reason for this could be?

Since I’m usually using my Airpods on calls, I can’t write useful automations without those sensors (my camera isn’t necessarily on).

In a similar vein, since it’s the same software and related to this: Is there a way to indicate to HA that one is on a call on an iPhone? There are no HA sensors for this and HA doesn’t ask for permissions to access the microphone and camera, so from that point of view it seems the answer is no. I also looked into setting op an automation of sorts to update an HA helper via HomeKit, but couldn’t find anything usable.

Perhaps I’ve missed something or there’s a workaround I haven’t thought of.

(Zac, I didn’t want to tag you, but I hope you see this.)

Is there any way to let the app user control which of the entities (like “Last Update Trigger”, etc.) is revealed?
I actually don’t want to show everyone in my network which App i’m using… call me weird :wink: