Onkyo configuration for commands

onkyo_mode: ‘/srv/homeassistant/bin/onkyo -n709 listening-mode={{states.input_select.onkyo_mode.state}}’

onkyo_mode:
name: Onkyo Listen Mode
options:
- stereo
- direct
- surround musical
- surround movie
- all-ch-stereo
- pure-audio
initial: direct
icon: mdi:speaker-wireless

THANK YOU! I’m still new around, so I need some explanations please
A. what are the two first lines?
B. how do I arrange it in yaml?

Well return to this topic when you get around.FIrst two lines is the shell command wich takes the input of input_select below.

Are you still using the Onkyo component/integration? Did you find a way of viewing the output of listening mode query command?

I did not find a way to install the python package onkyo-eiscp. Maybe I don’t need it or its already there somewhere.

I have the Onkyo platform under media_player in my configuration.yaml. I can use the shell_command to change listening modes.

onkyo_power_stereo: onkyo --host 192.168.xxx.xxx --port 60128 LMD00

Did you ever find a way to show the current listening mode in Lovelace?

Any idea how to switch channels? Onkyo integration is running. Thank you.

Here Are Some commands for all of you still interested, just change the IP for your Receiver

Commands:
Gets ALL the Reciver Information
onkyo --host 192.168.1.11 NRI

Sets the Receiber on Dolby atmos
onkyo --host 192.168.1.11 LMD80

Sets the receiver on all channel stereo
onkyo --host 192.168.1.11 LMD0C

Sets the receiver on Streambox input
onkyo --host 192.168.1.11 SLI2B

Sets the receiver on Spotify
onkyo --host 192.168.1.11 NSV0A

Returns the Song beeing played
onkyo --host 192.168.1.11 NTIQSTN

Returns the Arist beeing played
onkyo --host 192.168.1.11 NATQSTN

Returns the Cover Art Link of whats beeing played
onkyo --host 192.168.1.11 NJALINK
(http://192.168.1.11/album_art.cgi)

Sets the receiver on Airplay
onkyo --host 192.168.1.11 NSV18

Sets the receiver on Chromecast built in
onkyo --host 192.168.1.11 NSV40

Sets the receiver on DTS Play-FI
onkyo --host 192.168.1.11 NSV42

Turns on the receiver
onkyo --host 192.168.1.11 PWR01
Turns the receiver on Stand by
onkyo --host 192.168.1.11 PWR00
Gets if the receiver is on or off
onkyo --host 192.168.1.11 PWRQSTN

Mute on
onkyo --host 192.168.1.11 AMT01
Mute OFF
onkyo --host 192.168.1.11 AMT00
Gtes if the Mute is on or off
onkyo --host 192.168.1.11 AMTQSTN

Gets the Volume Level
onkyo --host 192.168.1.11 MVLQSTN

Sets Volume Level at:
onkyo --host 192.168.1.11 MVLxx where xx is a number from 00 to 82

Checks for new firmware
onkyo --host 192.168.1.11 UPDQSTN
Responses: UPD00 = Not new firmware, UPD01 New Firmware

Checks Firmware version
onkyo --host 192.168.1.11 FWVQSTN

gets temperature in C° and F°
onkyo --host 192.168.1.11 TPDQSTN

Note:
Reference Information:
[TX-NR474/NR575E/8270/NR575/NR676/NR676E/RZ620/NR777/RZ720/RZ820, DTM-7, DRX-2.1/3.1/4.1/5.1 VSX-832/932/LX102/LX302]
Yellow Zone: “F150C 66” or more & “F210C 99” or less
Red Zone:" F212C100" or more
[TX-RZ920, DRX-7.1/R1.1, DRC-R1.1]
Yellow Zone: “F176C 80” or more & “F246C119” or less
Red Zone: “F248C120” or more

Cheers!

I did not install the “eiscp” package. I am running haOS in a vm and easy_install or pip3 will not work.

However, the onkyo commands work just fine with shell_command so I’m assuming that the eiscp package is integrated with the onkyo integration added via the configuration.yaml file.

Works great. Thank you to all those that have posted info here and elsewhere.

Like this?

Can you show us some examples of your shell commands?

Thanks

Sorry for the long delay…

Here are some of the shell_commands I’m using:

shell_command:
#shell commands for assisting automations and other functions
  allchstereo: onkyo --host 192.168.10.50 --port 60128 LMD0C
  tvlogic: onkyo --host 192.168.10.50 --port 60128 LMD0B
  stereo: onkyo --host 192.168.10.50 --port 60128 LMD00
  thxcinema: onkyo --host 192.168.10.50 --port 60128 LMD84
  onkyo_mode: 'onkyo --host 192.168.10.50 --port 60128 listening-mode={{states.input_select.onkyo_mode.state}}'

The first 4 are self explanatory, the last one I used to create sensors to show the status of source and listening mode. Not sure if the port is needed in the script.

1 Like

So, not to hijack the topic or anything…but, I’m running haOS 2022.9.7, and I’ve added my Integra DTR-30.4 receiver to my configuration.yaml.

It has been picked up by Home Assistant as a DLNA Media Renderer…and properly identified as an Integra DTR-30.4. But… I only have volume control. None of the onkyo commands work in terminal. And none of the media_player commands seem to do anything, when directed at the device. And I get a “not supported” error, when I point them at the entity.

Not sure exactly what I’m doing wrong. But this thread seems to indicate that others running haOS, have working onkyo commands, in the command line…and I don’t.

great, thx, it works excellent for me at the terminal
can you please give an example how to use it in HA as shell commands?

@ellingjs
I have the exact same thing happening with my ONKYO TX-NR626 right now.

I’m lost with all this talk of shell commands, and I would really just like a ‘Lovelace’ card that I can use and to be able to have automations.
As someone who isn’t well versed in any real programming languages and having to learn as I go, this is so frustrating!

1 Like

I find it extremely frustrating, since Onkyo/Integra has a reasonably robust control app available…so, obviously the network control API is available and active in the unit. I just want to bring THAT control, into my Home Assistant instance, so everything is in one place and I’m not switching apps and have full voice control.

It’s like, the whole reason I bought the receiver, because support for Onkyo was supposed to be built in.

and @k6kpq ,

You don’t need any programming skills to get shell commands into HA. All the commands needed are already posted in this topic so it’s just a basic editing of configuration.yaml and placing a single executable file somewhere within the HA directory.

None of those commands work in HaOS. The required components don’t exist and can’t be installed via command line.

They can. Running successfully HAos with onkyo eiscp command line tool in the config directory. Easy as that. Samba< winSCP you have a myriad of options to do that

I was going through the same ordeal. While the onkyo command does exist in another part of the docker service, it was not available from my terminal window or config yaml file. I finally figured out you need to install it in your running environment (not sure why the other docker instance is some place else and unaccessible - I’m new to HA as well). That said, I resolved this by installing the onkyo command by:

1. go to your terminal window
  2. at the prompt, type ‘pip install onkyo-eiscp

It should go out and find some other necessary packages like: netifaces and docopt and then install them all. In the end, you should be able to type the onkyo command alone and get prompted on its proper usage.

hey folks,
anyone with a TX-NR6100?
I cannot seem to get it to switch to an airplay input. I can get it to ‘net’ which includes all the network inputs, but not airplay specifically.

:smiley: I had the seme issue, it seams that it will detect what’s trying to communicate with it. I was trying to put Spotify, what I see is that I put t on net and just ask Spotify to connect to it and works.
try it and let us know if my assumption is correct.