Onkyo Control

Coming from 15 years of Mainlobby/Alonis, I found Home Assistant and have spent every waking hour on it. I started designing screens and now I’m integrating. I added the Onkyo integration which didn’t do anything but add a poer on/off an volume. I added the following to configuration.yaml:

Onkyo

media_player:

• platform: onkyo
    host: 192.168.10.85
    name: receiver
    sources:
    GAME: “Xbox”
    video2_cbl_sat: “DirecTV”
    pc: “PC”
    strm-box: “Roku”
    dvd_bd_dvd: “Xbox One”
    aux1: “AUX (Front)”
    fm: “fm”

This gave me the ability to change inputs. I need MUCH more and in researching, I keep seeing to use eiscp. My problem is that if I try to install it as a custom Integration, I get :<Integration miracle2k/onkyo-eiscp> Repository structure for master is not compliant

I tried command line to see if it was already installed and I looked under the directories fo onkyo, but no luck. Is it even possible in the current version of HA to install eiscp? If so, PLEASE explain how (or any other method to communicate with my receiver (TX-NR787)

HDMI CEC is an option

What are you attempting to control?

I want to use Home assistant to set the listening mode, volume, menu, stations, etc. All the things I can do through Allonis now with their plugin. Supposedly, it’s all possible with eiscp, but I can’t get it installed.

Try this

I did that before, but tried again. No onkyo under /usr/local/bin

Did you figure this out? I’m using stock Onkyo integration – but can’t for the life of me figure out how to install eiscp. find / -name onkyo returns nothing. /user/local/bin has no onkyo anything!

I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to share a solution for anyone searching like I was… have a look at this post:
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/cannot-get-the-onkyo-integration-to-work/525056/6?u=k-n-c

Drop to a terminal.

pip install onkyo-eiscp

The install will not survive a reboot, and does not seem to stick around very long, but once you install it the ‘onkyo’ binary will be available for you to use to troubleshoot and configure the integration. If you wait to long, you will have to reinstall it.

I hope this helps others struggling with the integration.