Ontario Canada will be able to pull their data from Green Button

We’ve fully integrated with Green Button over at Electrify613.ca to help with some tools we’re building. If there’s a way to load in historical usage into home assistant, it would be doable to get previous day hourly usage. The billing data used to be ingested overnight in a batch job as it’s delivered in bursts from the meters.

It doesn’t seem reasonable that everyone that wants to pull their own data should have to onboard as a partner though, hence why having a third part service act as the broker and make the data available to you. There is unfortunately no ability within green button to get realtime data.

So it all depends on if the utility is willing to provide Green Button Data (historical data downloaded in XML) or Connect My Data (live API connection).

It would be nice if there was an integration for both in HA.

I have found a graphing tool on GitHub that the GBA even forked. Green Button Grapher. At least it gives you a visual of the XML data.

I can see that. But, since it’s mandatory, we have that on our side to make sure they do. And by now, it’s well past overdue.

Any utility that doesn’t have it operable and with consumer access at this time, is technically breaking the law.