Open therm gateway, supplier

Hi Herman, I cannot compare various hardware, but in December 2021 I bought the OTGW V2.3 from Nodo shop + Ethernet shield (no WiFi) via their solder service and installed/integrated it with HA based on instructions via URLs they referenced. I installed it between a (wired) Remeha iSense thermostat and a Remeha Quinta Pro boiler. I opted for ethernet as in my opinion it is more reliable and safer. Until now the OTGW works perfect also in conjunction with HA. One of my lessons learned is that the 5V power cable to the USB B connector on the OTGW board should be of good quality (sufficient thick power wires: ~ AWG 20 and/or limited length) to avoid strange behavior or malfunction. I made one myself after dropping the commercially available ones. Hope this helps. Success!

1 Like

Hi,

It took a very long time before the technician installed the new Vaillant EcotecPlus. In the meantime, I’ve bought already the Nodo OTGW V2.3 module and I installed the integration on my Home Assistant.

To handle Opentherm, a VR33 Opentherm module must be installed in the Vaillant. How this should be done is described in detail on Dutch websites. This is also clearly described on the site of Vaillant Netherlands but NOT on the site of Vaillant Belgium.

My installer called the technical service of Vaillant Belgium. And apparently, Vaillant Belgium does not allow to install this VR33 Opentherm module. So in Belgium, we are NOT allowed to use Opentherm thermostats (or only in on/off mode). But the use of Opentherm thermostats is allowed by Vaillant Netherlands. In the Netherlands, Vaillant is even making publicity that 97% of the thermostats can be used by their products. (I even think that, according to Europe, this is a violation of the principle of equality)

So, without the VR33 Opentherm module, I can’t use an Opentherm Gateway for the connection between my Vaillant and Home Assistant.

Does someone has information for me that would show that a certified installer in Belgium was allowed to install the VR33 Opentherm module in a Vaillant?

anyone how to set slave_ch_max_setp in the integration ?