Optimize automation water pump

Hi guys,

At first, sorry for my English, it isn’t my native language. I have starting to use Home Assistant to optimize my heating setup between two houses. We have one stove to heat two water reservoirs. One in each house. I would like to avoid to push cold water to the second reservoirs.

I have two D1 mini with two DS18B20 sensors. One top and one bellow on each reservoirs. Each sensor are connected with MQTT broker. I see each temperature on the dashboard to have all information.

I’m not sure what is the best practice. I would like to avoid to push colder water to the other house as it is already present.

The current setup: Fill the reservoirs in house one completely. Start the pump to exchange the whole water. Stop the pump fill the same reservoirs again. Done

I need to compare some values to catch different cases but I’m not sure how I’m able to do it. I can only add one sensor on the web-template.

- id: '1643902379100'
  alias: heating pump on
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.house1_below
    above: '76'
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: switch.turn_on
    data: {}
    target:
      device_id: 1b51872fc40c2f44e07e9e20c33d5957
  mode: single
- id: '1643902766863'
  alias: heating pump off
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.house2_below
    above: '75'
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: switch.turn_off
    data: {}
    target:
      device_id: 1b51872fc40c2f44e07e9e20c33d5957
  mode: single

The second case doesn’t happened because have to stop the pump per hand because the temperature in house1 went to down. As I have already wrote I don’t want push colder water to house2.

Thanks for any help

Best regards

I am not sure of the best way to automate your pump, but please edit your post to format your code as described here so that people can better help you. :slight_smile:

You say

but you also say

To be clear, you do not want to pump (push) cold water, correct?

Your english is fine. :slight_smile:

Hi,

Oh sorry. Yes, you are right. I hope it is okay now.