Out of space error even though I have space

Hi all,

I have hassio running on Ubuntu on VirtualBox. It’s been going fine until a couple of weeks ago when I started getting lots of errors in the log. The Node-Red addon stopped working, and I can’t see any device history any more. Below are the error in the logs. Although I also have space left (650Mb remaining) with a dynamically growing diff disk in Virtual Box.

Any ideas where to look? Is there a different location that the system might be looking at inside the hassio installation?

• Error in database connectivity: (sqlite3.OperationalError) database or disk is full
  • Error executing query: (sqlite3.OperationalError) database or disk is full
  • Error executing query: (sqlite3.OperationalError) disk I/O error
  • Error in database update. Could not save after 11 tries. Giving up
  • Error writing config for core.restore_state: [Errno 28] No space left on device
  • Saving JSON file failed: /config/.storage/core.restore_state
    OSError: [Errno 28] No space left on device
  • Error writing config for auth: [Errno 28] No space left on device

And this one may/may not be related:

• Updating DuckDNS domain failed: [myDomain]

hassio runs inside docker (i think), so have you checked the docker ‘disk’ is not out of space, rather then the virtual host (Ubuntu)

Thanks James. Any idea how to check for that disk space?

There was another post where I made the same mistake, and forgot the hassio is in a container.
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/something-is-eating-my-disk-space/101035

There is no answer on that post. Let me finish this coffee and see what I can Google up.

650MB is not much. My database (/config/home-assistant_v2.db) is currently 1.5GB.

Perhaps expand your virtualbox drive.

https://bobcares.com/blog/docker-container-size/

This has a guide half way down the page on how to expand the docker image. the command:
docker info
should give you the image size and loads of other info. You may also want to get a backup of the image/config in case you make a mistake and kill the docker image.