Overkiz API and Somfy API

considered in isolation, this might be a good solution - but here the izymo represents the connection from the manual wall switch and/or a SOMFY hand-held transmitter to the (dumb) roller shutter - at least the SOMFY integration would be omitted with the Shelly solution.

yeah, you also get a Shelly Blu Shelly BLU Button1 - All products - Products - Shelly if you really need a handheld remote.

Hi, newby here.

I have the Overkiz integration up and running on my sun-shades, and everything seems to work just fine.

However, the original sun- and windsensor of Somfy (i/o) is still active, and makes unwantend movements initiated by the sun-sensor. I can turn this sensor off by switching to the “manual” mode on my remote.

But when I do this, commands from HA are not followed up anymore. In the Tahoma Switch it gives a notification that the motor is in manual mode, and because of that, can not be controlled. There is a manual override button available in the Tahoma app, and after pressing this button I do get the chance to control it, one time.

My question is: Is there a way to control this override in HA? In a way that I can switch to manual mode to turn off the original sunsensor and still control through HA?

Thanks already for your advice!

I did some more browsing … and this one, BleBox ShutterBox v2.0, seems to solve my challenge, I guess, i.e. full HA integration, the shutter remains manually operable, it puts the handheld remote out of work :pleading_face:

1 Like

Hi Andy,
i am working on a challenge that‘s close to the one you are discussing here i guess.
my setup is looking like this HA >> OverKIZ >> Somfy Connection Kit >> many roman blinds with IO motors.
i want to use the opening/closing status as a condition within an automation, but i am struggling how i can check / read those … you were talking about a „helper“.
Can you provide me some help if possible how i can achieve this in any way?
The goal of the automation idea is, i also want to be able to close / open the blinds with a zigbee based switch - which works in general - but i want to be able to press the same switch a second time to stop the current action/movement.
Thx !!!

Hi sure her’e an example from my configuration.yaml, I use it on my roman blinds.

template:
	- trigger:
	  - platform: state
	    entity_id:
	      - cover.andys_bedroom_somfy_window_shade
	    id: "on"
	    to: unknown
	  - platform: state
	    entity_id:
	      - cover.andys_bedroom_somfy_window_shade
	    id: "off"
	    to: unknown
	binary_sensor:
	  - name: Andys Shade Helper
	    unique_id: bef6f128-9493-49f1-a61c-d3db57d38af4
	    state: "{{ trigger.id }}"

cover:
	- platform: template
	  covers:
	    andys_bedroom_window_shade:
	      unique_id: dcb9f6e3-f1f2-46d6-9d06-6f52a3222681
	      device_class: blind
	      friendly_name: "Andys Bedroom Window Shade"
	      value_template: >
	        {% if states('cover.andys_bedroom_somfy_window_shade') == 'opening' %}
	          opening
	        {% elif states('cover.andys_bedroom_somfy_window_shade') == 'closing' %}
	          closing
	        {% elif states('binary_sensor.andys_shade_helper') == 'off' %}
	          closed
	        {% elif states('binary_sensor.andys_shade_helper') == 'on' %}
	          open
	        {% else %}
	          none
	        {% endif %}
	      open_cover:
	        - condition: state
	          entity_id: binary_sensor.andys_shade_helper
	          state: "off"
	        - service: cover.open_cover
	          target:
	            entity_id: cover.andys_bedroom_somfy_window_shade
	      close_cover:
	        - condition: state
	          entity_id: binary_sensor.andys_shade_helper
	          state: "on"
	        - service: cover.close_cover
	          target:
	      stop_cover:
	        service: cover.stop_cover
	        target:
	      icon_template: >-
	        {% if this.state == 'opening' %}
	          mdi:arrow-up-box
	        {% elif this.state == 'closing' %}
	          mdi:arrow-down-box
	        {% elif this.state == 'closed' %}
	          phu:shutter-100
	        {% else %}
	          phu:shutter-20
	        {% endif %}

and to action it you can use cover.andys_bedroom_window_shade

you can still use your remotes, as it will update tthe new cover to the correct state,the only down side is, closing / opening half way, will show the incorrect state, I.E if open, and you close half way and stop it will show as closed, but just open slightly and stop, the Fav postion button works though, as it should closed completely the reopen to your saved position.

Hi Andy,
thank you so much for your help …
i now understand this concept a bit more :wink:
however - it looks like either my venetian blinds or the connection of the blinds through the somfy-connectivity-kit with the overkiz integration does not report the ‚opening‘ or ‚closing‘ state.
tried to check it with a simple {{ states(‘cover.arbeiten’)} line within the template tab of the developer tools - and moved the blinds around. This unfortunately resulted only in reporting back ‚open‘ or ‚closed‘.
or am i on the wrong track here?

no, you are correct, mine are the reverse (only show “opening, closing, unknown”)

First of all apologies for asking maybe an “off Topic” question…

I Have a Somfy opening sensor, that shows if a door is open, closed or even being tampered with.
In the Somfy ap, this sensor switches instantly, when open or closed.
However, in the Overkiz on HA, the sensor does not respond the actual open or close state, or just very late. (Minutes later, or not at all)

Is there a way to see the changing sate instantly, like in the Tahoma app?

Apologies once again, but I am an absolute Noob to HA and programming.

Thanks in Advance,

Erwin

Hi,

I can’t get the local API working on my connexoon.

• HA version 2023.12.0 in a container
  • On an up-to-date rpi
  • I got the connexoon in developer mode (ergo my credentials are being accepted)
  • the default host: gateway-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.local:8443 completed with my own PIN won’t connect
  • Filling the host with the IP of the connexoon completed with the port:8443 will result in a response: “Cannot connect to host, certificate verify failed.”
  • when trying to access with false credentials I get : “Ongeldige authenticatie” (invalid authentication) so it seems i’m able to reach something…

I powercycled the connexoon several times and even left it unpowered for while.

Am I missing something? Somebody got a clue what to do?

Many thanks!

JJ

try with IP and disable SSL. a user in the beta had the same same as you

Overkiz integration - Local API [Development / Testers topic] - #240 by samvandenberge

Great! Works like a charm!

Thanks!!!

Guys, please explain, which Somfy IO sun and wind sensors are compatible with Overkiz? I have Tahoma Switch and O verkiz on my HA and I would to add wind and sun sensors.

What do you want to achieve? Often sun / wind/rain sensors are linked directly to the screen and will move the screen or block screen movement when an event is detected. Not sure if they also expose the values to the Overkiz integration.

If the values are present in the official Somfy app, they can be shown in the Overkiz integration :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have 2 sun sensors, I believe they are the ‘sunis wirefree IO’ ones and they show up as LightIOSystemSensor in Overkiz. Lux values are available in HA.
The wind sensor I have isn’t visible in the Somfy app nor in Overkiz and controls the screens directly.

2 Likes

IO sunis sensors are visibel in overkiz. Wind sensors are not visibel. All brands have there wind sensors not exposed for external use :thinking:

1 Like

moved my Somfy to the new app the other day, and now notice (might be coincidental, tbh I didnt really check before) that the MY position sliders dont sync with the Apps settings.

Which is a nuisance as I now no longer know who is in charge when automating in HA on that number.

If I set the app My position to 15%, the number in HA remains on 86%

Not sure what would be best now. Could it be the move to the new App (Somfy I mean) would require a rebuild in HA?

btw, the Target closure sensors are all at unknown

For me the “My position” entities have been “inverted”, see My Position configuration does not match position of recalling My Position · Issue #66767 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

The behavior I observed for the “Target Closure” entities seems to be that most of the time they are Unknown. They only seem to get a value when issueing a postion command (which then is the target they are supposed to go). Except when that command is to open the rollershutter, then instead of expected 0 it also becomes Unknown (hmmm, maybe this is why they seem to be Unknown for most of the time since I only look during the day when they are all open).

Wonder if anyone can help - currently using Overkiz and somfy and just got a new venetian blind which has both tilt and up/down
I can happily control the up and down and also set a My position, but I see no way to control the tilt - is there a way?
Thanks

Best is to create a new issue and add your diagnostics.