Overkiz et API

BHello everyone,

I am new on home assistant (and in home automation).

I have a motorization bft with a b-eba io card manage by a tahoma switch integrated in HA .

I manage to control my portal and my shutters via HA, however I created an automation that consists of turning on a light for 2 minutes at the opening of the portal and that is what complicates it.

The automation works when I open the portal from HA but not when I open the portal from the remote control or via the tahoma application.

On the tahoma application I immediately have the status of the portal when I open with the remote but not on HA .

It is possible to reduce the interrogation time from HA to tahoma and how to please.

Thank you for your answer I hope I was clear enough on my explanations

Please respect the forum guidelines to post in English only so everyone can read it. It is better that you pull it through Google translate once that that every forum member needs to.

Are you using the official Somfy (cloud) integration? If so, wait till next week. The new release for Home Assistant has the Overkiz lolcal API version that does not need to go through the cloud. That may work faster. It may also help to ask the question in the topic about that, should it not work fast enough with the local APi:

excuse me I just did the translation.
Yes I use the official Somfy integration.
Homa Assistant update does it automatically?

No, the integration will support both cloud and local, but not at the same time. So you will need to remove the cloud integration in order to install the local one. That is because they use the same device id’s. Supporting both at the same time is a possible future improvement, but it is a lot of work, according to:

By the way, note that climate devices are not supported for local.

I’ll have to delete the overkiz service to download the new one?

Sorry if my question is stupid I’m really new to this field.

thank you for taking time to answer me

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. The update next wednesday for HA version 2013.12 will add the ability to make a local connection to your Tahoma Switch. If the HA update is installed, you will need to go to the integrations page, remove the overkiz cloud integration and add the overkiz local integration.

In order to add the local integration you will probably also need to enable a developer setting on the Tahoma Switch to enable the local API. So read the instructions for the new integration before you commence. They will probably not be visible until the release of Home Assistant 2023.12

If you want to try it sooner you can install the beta version of the Overkiz local API integration using the instructions in the post above, but I suggest you wait a couple of days till Home Assistant 2023.12 is out and install that, that will be easier.

1 Like

Your issue won’t be fixed with this new local API unfortunately, but is is related to a limitation on the Overkiz API. The Overkiz integration in HA will pull the latest state events every 30 seconds, however not all devices broadcast their state.

When you open the TaHoma app, they send a request to refresh all states and this is broadcasted. Afterwards, you will see that the state in Home Assistant is updated as well! We cannot do the same behavior in HA, because we don’t know when someone looks at the dashboard, and you often want the latest state for automations in the background.

We are working on an alternative, but this won’t be solved short term. See TimedOnOffLight (io:LightMicroModuleSomfyIOComponent) does not support state refresh in Overkiz · Issue #103183 · home-assistant/core (github.com) and SlidingDiscreteGateWithPedestrianPosition does not have real-time state updates in Overkiz integration · Issue #95533 · home-assistant/core (github.com) for more context.

1 Like