Owntracks Cell Phone Location

After upgrading to 0.99.0 I have been having a issue with my owntrack and cell phone location. Every night at midnight my cell phone location goes from not home to home. This causes havoc on all my automation’s that use my cell phone location. I believe it has something to do the following information taken from my log.
2019-09-22 00:00:02 WARNING (Thread-4) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Disconnected from MQTT (1). Trying to reconnect in 1 s
2019-09-22 00:00:03 INFO (Thread-4) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Successfully reconnected to the MQTT server
2019-09-22 00:00:04 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Subscribing to owntracks/#

2019-09-22 00:00:04 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Received message on owntracks/XXXXX/XXXXX (retained): b’{"_type":“location”,“tid”:“DA”,“acc”:60,“batt”:37,“conn”:“m”,“lat”:XX.XXXXXXX,“lon”:-XX.XXXXX,“tst”:1538678688,"_cp":true}’
2019-09-22 00:00:04 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.owntracks.messages] Received {’_type’: ‘location’, ‘tid’: ‘DA’, ‘acc’: 60, ‘batt’: 37, ‘conn’: ‘m’, ‘lat’: XX.XXXXX, ‘lon’: -XX,XXXXX ‘tst’: 1538678688, ‘_cp’: True, ‘topic’: ‘owntracks/XXXXXX/XXXXXX’}
2019-09-22 00:00:04 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=device_tracker.XXXXX_XXXXXX, old_state=<state device_tracker.XXXXXX_XXXXXX=home; source_type=gps, latitude=XX.XXXXXXXX, longitude=-XX.XXXXXXXXX, gps_accuracy=26, tid=__, friendly_name=XXXXXX @ 2019-09-21T16:40:48.399997-05:00>, new_state=<state device_tracker.XXXXXX_XXXXXX=not_home; source_type=gps, battery_level=37, latitude=XX.XXXXXXX, longitude=-XX.XXXXXXX, gps_accuracy=60, tid=DA, friendly_name=XXXXXX @ 2019-09-22T00:00:04.194107-05:00>>
2019-09-22 00:00:04 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=group.cell_phone_location, old_state=<state group.cell_phone_location=home; entity_id=(‘device_tracker.XXXXX_XXXXXX’,), order=5, friendly_name=Cell Phone Location @ 2019-09-21T16:40:48.409513-05:00>, new_state=<state group.cell_phone_location=not_home; entity_id=(‘device_tracker.XXXXXX_XXXXXX’,), order=5, friendly_name=Cell Phone Location @ 2019-09-22T00:00:04.207818-05:00>>
I have tried to write a automation to turn off the affected automation’s before midnight then turn them back on after midnight with no success with my limited knowledge.
Thanks for any help.

Is your MQTT broker restarting at midnight?

I do not know how to check that. My hassbian system is running on a PI 4 version Linux raspberrypi 4.19.73-v7l+ #1266 SMP Tue Sep 17 20:54:23 BST 2019 armv7l
with my MQTT server installed separate on the same PI. Tell me where to look for the Mqtt log?

That depends on how it was installed.

Docker, or “bare metal” install?

You can usually find logs in /var/logs for applications installed on “bare metal”

My install was done several years ago with the All in one Installer and have continually did upgrades to the original install. I don’t do or know Docker. I did find the logs in var/logs and there are lots of files there. What do you need to see? The MQTT server that was and still is installed is Mosquitto MQTT server.
Thanks again for your help.

I don’t need to see anything. Do YOU see any logs pertaining to mosquitto or mqtt?

Your mosquitto config file would usually have the log location listed in it.

How are you on the latest version of HA then? Newest HA (for months now) requires newer versions of Python.

Sorry I am bothering you!! I did all of the required updates as per the following, including updates to Raspbian Buster and to python version 3.7.3.

I will continue disabling automation’s manually.

System Health from Home Assistant!!

arch armv7l
dev false
docker false
hassio false
os_name Linux
python_version 3.7.3
timezone America/Chicago
version 0.99.2
virtualenv true

Lovelace

mode storage
resources 0
views 7

There is no need to yell at me.

OK. I just know the ALL IN ONE installer was deprecated a long time ago…I wasn’t sure there was a system in place to update everything. I was just curious.

Sorry, your reply just made me feel very old and stupid which I am old but not stupid. No need to yell at me either.

My install was done several years ago with the All in one Installer and have continually did upgrades to the original install. I don’t do or know Docker. I did find the logs in var/logs and there are lots of files there. What do you need to see? The MQTT server that was and still is installed is Mosquitto MQTT server.
Thanks again for your help.

I don’t need to see anything. Do YOU see any logs pertaining to mosquitto or mqtt?

Your mosquitto config file would usually have the log location listed in it.

dhaker:

My install was done several years ago with the All in one Installer

How are you on the latest version of HA then? Newest HA (for months now) requires newer versions of Python.

I never did…

Again, do your logs show anything related to mosquitto? Your mosquitto config will tell you the location of your log file, and if you have it enabled. There are pages dedicated to mosquitto to explain how it works. This forum isn’t really the place for that discussion

I have asked you repeatedly about your mosquitto logs and you keep ignoring me.

I have mentioned a couple of times now that your mosquitto config will tell you where the log file is.

I have mentioned these things because it’s YOUR system. I have been trying to point you in the direction to get the answer you seek, but you keep asking for handouts and getting mad when you’re pointed in a direction.

I took the time to set up the owntracks on my system after you created this thread in order to lend a hand (even though you seem very adamant about being angry at me), and at midnight on the first night of having this single Owntracks device in my system (NOT connected to MQTT, but via HTTP), it set everyone in the house’s status to not home and then home, which caused all kinds of automations to kick off.

It appears the problem lies in the Owntracks integration, and not an MQTT issue. Just letting you know, it was a reproducible problem, and that you don’t have to be angry at someone trying to help you out.