Owntracks stability on android

I found better results from decreasing the size of my home zone rather than increasing it, but I may be misunderstanding your specific problem.

The problem seems to be that owntracks only updates the location if you move a certain distance, so even if I decrease the size of the home zone I still wonā€™t have moved far enough to trigger an update when I move from the shop to my house, as I understand it.

So I think the only solution is to make the home zone big enough that if I stop just outside it, then owntracks updates the location, when I then go home I have moved far enough to trigger another update, upon which HA will then mark me as home.

Or am I not on the right page?

Iā€™m honestly going to have to sit down and do some research. You may well be right. Let me see what I can find out.

1 Like

Iā€™ll await your findings :slight_smile:

I canā€™t find anything one way or the other so far. Iā€™d say your idea seems logical to me and worth trying.

I did find some interesting stuff in this thread which might be worth a read. Not specific to your use case but you may see some info thatā€™s useful if you can make a linkā€¦

1 Like

I dont know for sure. I havenā€™t tried to figure out if BT or the iBeacon picks up first. I assume the iBeacon does because its in my garage which is way closer than my RPi.

Owntracker reporting very slow. I am at home and owntracker show me @jobb. Some time report in 1 hour and other time take 8-9 hours to report.
Have you an other solution. What r u use with Zone component ?