OZW OpenzWave (Beta) - HOW TO set the Lifeline / Controller node id to Node XXX

My Controller id is Node XXX, not Node 001.

I moved my zwave network some time ago frmo a UZB to a Aeotec Gen5, and this worked, but made the controller id Node XXX.

It has worked fine as long as I could set the Lifeline to “Controller” or Node XXX, but I can;t see how to in OZW-Admin, nor OpenZwave (Beta)

PS: New post from my question about ZW130 Wallmote not working, I beleive this is the problem.

M

Use the addassociation mqtt command. A search will show several examples.

Hi freshcoast,

Yes I did search thanks, I did not find an example, I tried this after reading theAPI, but it didn’t seem to work

• alias: “Zwave : AddAssociation”
    trigger:
    condition:
    action:
    • data:
      payload: ‘{“node”: 128, “targetnode”: 94}’
      topic: OpenZWave/1/command/addassociation/
      service: mqtt.publish
      mode: single

I will try again;

Tried this, no luck so far

• alias: “Zwave : AddAssociation”
    trigger: []
    condition: []
    action:
    • data:
      payload: ‘{“node”: 128, “group”: 1, “target”: “94”}’
      topic: OpenZWave/1/command/addassociation/
      service: mqtt.publish
      mode: single

How are you determining if it is successful or not? Did you observe any error messages? Have you checked the existing MQTT data, or the ozwcache*.xml file and seen that the controller node is not already associated?

In your example the controller node is 94, and the ZW130 is node 128?

I’m surprised you would need to do this. OZW will automatically associate the controller with the lifeline group. It does not have to be node 1.

Yes, controller 94, node 128

I can not see any traffic when I press a button in ozw-admin. I can when I use the other zstick with id 1
THis is the only difference in the test scenario, same unit, same location, add node on the stick with id 1 works for button presses, on the stick with id 94 does not. But the “action” button does workn and triggers ozwadmin log messages.

I do no know where the cache file is using the add in ozw beta; it is not in config and not in .storage

The HA log only shows the manual automation above was triggered, nothing else.

I do have mqtt explorer installed, so I can try viewing that when I run this automation.

If you’re already using MQTT Explorer, just publish the command directly. Using an automation is a bit painful.

mqtt explorer update:

A working node has this for association 1
= { “Name”: “LifeLine”, “Help”: “”, “MaxAssociations”: 5, “Members”: [ “94.0” ], “TimeStamp”: 1600252807 }

the non working node has this:
= { “Name”: “Lifeline”, “Help”: “”, “MaxAssociations”: 1, “Members”: [ “1.0” ], “TimeStamp”: 1600252870 }

:arrow_forward:

Sorry, MQTT is new to me, could you please provide a sample message to paste in ME? Using the ME data above?

PS: I tried this, NFI if it worked, the association in the main window did not change

{
“node”: 128,
“group”: 1,
“target”: “94”
}

That looks correct, but make sure you are using the correct types of quotes, as those are smart quotes. I assume the forum software converted them for you.

{
  "node": 128,
  "group": 1,
  "target": "94"
}

What is node 1? Did you remove it from the group? It says the maximum number of associations is 1, which means you can’t associate another node until you remove node 1.You would remove it via the removeassociation command.

Thanks.

Node 1 is not on the controller, i removed it with zensys pc controller tools

After a rollback from ozw .6 which killed the system, I tried this again
OpenZWave/1/node/128/
{
“target”: “94”
}

but i think that is the wrong topic, will try this

OpenZWave/1/command/removeassociation/
{
“target”: “1”
}
then
OpenZWave/1/command/addassociation/
{
“target”: “94.0”
}

PS: these wer einthe event section of ME, so i think they worked, but the status on the node still shows lineline at 1.0

command

▼addassociation

= { “node”: 128, “group”: 1, “target”: “94.0” }

▼removeassociation

= { “node”: 128, “group”: 1, “target”: “1.0” }

= { “status”: “ok”, “TimeStamp”: 1600307369 }

▼notification

= { “Node”: 20, “Event”: “Notification_Code_MsgTimeout”, “TimeStamp”: 1600307435 }

▼removeassociation

= { “status”: “ok”, “TimeStamp”: 1600307288 }

association

▼1

= { “Name”: “Lifeline”, “Help”: “”, “MaxAssociations”: 1, “Members”: [ “1.0” ], “TimeStamp”: 1600305814 }

So it now works, my wallmote talks to HA; some random combination of publish events seems to do the trick, however, the association in ME still shows as empty - but the zw is restarting and some node are still in “configuration” state and not complete…

Solved as a work around, not as a fix, maybe becuase it has Max 1 association ZW doesn’t remove the default and fails to set the new one. Maybe, but there is one other node with Max 1, and it was set to 94.1 as it’s lifeline and that node works (last time I checked anyway)

THans for your help @freshcoast Freshcoast