Pandora help needed

I am using the standard Hassio install for Raspberry Pi 4 b (32-bit) and I have Pianobar working through the command line, but whenever I try to use it with the website, i get issues. The log says:
The pianobar client is not configured to log in. Please create a config file for it as described at https://home-assistant.io/components/media_player.pandora/

But I am unsure where I’m not getting this setup correctly. I have it included in the root/.config/pianobar/config and also in the /home/hassio/.config/pianobar/config and even /home/root/.config/pianobar/config.
I have also tried to us su -s ./usr/bin/pianobar hassio hassio to confirm it will start using hassio without requiring login.

What am I missing?

Curious if it’s just nobody knows the answer or is willing to help since it should be easy. I’ve googled and search the forum, but no clear answer. Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

I have now spent hours on this and have RTFM, but the issue is I can start it from the command line and I looked through all the users on the RPI4, the only true user is root, the rest are dummy accounts. So I have no idea where to put the config which allows this to run.

ANY HELP AT ALL. Anybody who reads these even say HI. Not sure if I am just missing things or if people just have no idea. But it almost seems like nobody wants to answer anything.

What user is you home assistant running under? That’s the user that has to have the config file.

From everything I can tell it runs as root in docker on the Raspberry Pi 4 32-bit image. I have basically given up on this as I haven’t been able to figure out how to get it to function.

Oh yeah if it’s docker then you’ll have to modify the docker environment to have pianobar. I use this with the virtualenv configuration mode and it works great. Docker is the problem in your case probably

Any luck on adding Pandora to Hassio - docker ?

I haven’t attempted a fix. Things are working except for Pandora and so I just haven’t had any time. Seems with the recommended hardware and the recommended install for HomeAssistant being the rpi 4, somebody should have an easy how to.

I don’t run Hassio (I’m running docker on ubuntu), so I can’t say for certain what you need, but this thread may help you.

Good luck.

Good Evening. I have Home Assistant running on the Home Assistant Blue. I do have a couple of Pi’s on my network that I could use for this, but it seems to me from reading the documentation on this project it was designed for a singular Pi that is hosting both pianobar & HA.

Can this project be used or adapted in some way for my setup?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

I just created a request on pandora’s support site for an integration. Please give it an upvote if you can.