Paradox Alarm MQTT Hassio addon

It won’t work with 4.40 firmware (trust me, myself and many others have tried). You will need to get an IP150S with 1.x firmware… You can find them on eBay, or I listed one vendor further up in the thread too…

Sorry for the bad news :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks!
It would be nice if first post is updated to include such info as it’s hard to read everything in this thread :slight_smile:

I posted this earlier on in the thread. If you’re feeling adventurous you could give it a go :slight_smile:

ALSO:
Just saw THIS showing that the newer firmware may actually work if you DISABLE the SWAN setting! Give that a try too and let us know how you go!

1 Like

I made a PR in the github page to include this information as I feel it’s pretty critical. He included it, so I think it’s simply a case of not reading the install instructions closely enough, see excerpt below:

Dependencies

For best results, requires a Paradox IP150S with a firmware below 4.x. 1.x seems to work the best. It is worth considering to have your IP150S use the DNS from your router and then block access to 54.165.77.37 and upgrade.insightgoldatpmh.com as IP150’s have been known to upgrade their firmware automatically.

1 Like

It’s not so easy as disabling SWAN, unfortunately… I tried that. But maybe the downgrade is possible… There’s also another project out there trying to make the 4.x firmware work… Not sure how well it works… Fortunately I was able to return mine and just get a 1.4 instead, which is by far the best/easiest solution if possible.

1 Like

Hi @Claude_Renaud,

Your setup is pretty impressive! I also noticed you have more than two zones set up, are you using different modules? And to @scstraus’ request of arming more than one zone at once, I also see you have a “Set all alarms” (is it a button, or a sensor?) that I guess runs a script?

I also see you seem to have a “Panic button” sensor. As you know, triggering the alarm from the web interface is something I still didn’t manage to achieve, is there anything relevant to your panic button sensor that may be leveraged?

As for home/away/sleep arming modes, the answer is as follows: by the time I started developing this add-on, the MQTT Alarm panel in HA only supported two arming modes: home and away. Due to my personal setup at home, I sadly mapped arming home on the MQTT panel to arming sleep on the IP150, the following bit of code shows the unfortunate mapping:

_alarm_action_map = {
'DISARM': 'Disarm',
'ARM_AWAY': 'Arm',
'ARM_HOME': 'Arm_sleep'

On github, I have already posted a branch of the add-on where the mapping is fixed and, crucially, supports the three arming modes. However, this update is going to be a breaking change for the add-on for anyone using the “arm home” feature in HA (as it gets re-mapped from the wrong arm sleep on the IP150, to the correct arm home).

Now, since this add-on never made it to a repository, I’m well aware updating is already painful, so I basically want to push this update only after the add-on made it on some repository (or, even better, the add-on is transformed into a first class component, which is totally possible and actually better from a technical perspective). I did email Franck (the maintainer of the hassio community add-ons) a few months ago, but I never got back. According to the available time I’ll have, I’ll try to push this and a few other improvements over, but having the add-on listed in a repository is going to be crucial for future updates.

As always, if there’s anyone willing to get their hands dirty an experiment with this I’d be more than happy to collaborate!

The different zones are a result of the way my Paradox system was installed… They are used for “stay arming” and “away arming” in the paradox system itself… One zone is motion sensors only, one is door/window sensors, and one is just a basement window…

For “away arming” I usually use only the motion sensor zone because a lot of times we leave windows open and it won’t arm with them open. For “stay arming” we use only the window and door sensors… I would like it to have the intelligence to arm the windows as well if they are closed via hass…

I have not yet gotten this to map to “stay arming” and “away arming” in my hass setup, thought I plan to do it eventually with the Manual Alarm Control Panel which I will use in front of my normal control panel to choose the correct arming based on the situation. I will also need some automations in case it’s activated via the normal control panel… It’s rather complex so I’m holding off until I have time to dive into it.

I don’t really have anything working for “set all alarms”, maybe I had tried that at one point, I don’t recall, but I don’t use it… It wouldn’t be hard to do, though, I think, if it were useful for me. But what I need will be more complex than that.

I don’t know what “panic button” sensor you are referring to. You cannot trigger the alarm via hass as far as I can tell… But maybe you know a way to do this… It would be a nice thing to have.

I do, however, have panic button functionality on the Paradox side that I can activate via a keyfob, but I haven’t found any way to replicate this via hass. This functionality works in the way where it will not actually sound the siren but will call the security service so if someone makes us open the house under duress, we could activate that. Doubtful we would ever use it, but I could test it if you wanted to try implementing it in the component.

If you want a guinea pig for any of the above, I’d be happy to oblige.

Many thanks Alfredo, changing the ‘_alarm_action_map’ worked for me.

Regarding your other queries:

I also noticed you have more than two zones set up, are you using different modules?

I am only using the one module with all 5 of my zones. Seems to work perfectly.

And to @scstraus’ request of arming more than one zone at once, I also see you have a “Set all alarms” (is it a button, or a sensor?) that I guess runs a script?

You are correct. My ‘Set all alarms’ is simply a script called by a ‘custom-button’.

I also see you seem to have a “Panic button” sensor. As you know, triggering the alarm from the web interface is something I still didn’t manage to achieve, is there anything relevant to your panic button sensor that may be leveraged?

Nothing here that could help trigger the alarm. Just another binary_sensor to let me know if a panic button has been pressed. Come to think of it, I haven’t even tested it yet as my WAF was very low during other testing. I will give it a test in the next few weeks to see. Same with the fire alarm sensor.

Thanks again for all your work. This is an awesome add-on for me. I wish I could help getting a proper HA addon/repository sorted, but that is way beyond my skill level.

Hi! First of all, awesome work. I’ts working flawlessly.
I just wanted to ask if the new HASS releases are going to break this, as Home Assistant is deprecating integrations that rely on webscraping.
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi guys

New to Paradox and IP150.
Just bought one IP150 and FW says v4.40

Is that one possible to work, or there is a way to downgrade firmware ?
Alarm is SP4000, version not sure, can check.

Thanks

I have IP150S version 1.40. It works great with the Magellam 5050. I’m curious if it works in your case. From the discussions with some Paradox distributors after version 4.xx no downgrade is possible.

Due to my IP150 being a 4.x version I ended up using this method to link my Paradox alarm with HA, works well

3 Likes

No use of IP150 then, luckily i can return it.
Will build ESP32 for that cabinet and try this route.
Thanks

Btw I did find a way to downgrade:

but i did not try it, 100euros to buy geniune stuff just to spend hours to make it work and hope it wont break (change/force fw or similar) and there is an 10x times cheaper option which is proven…

Hey guys.

In regard to “asking IP150 to trigger alarm” did anyone tried switches/relays on IP150 itself ?
IP150 should have two switches which can be remotly controled, seem perfectly reasonable that one can be connected to alarm board, and programmed to trigger alarm from HA.

Other way around, maybe we can program alarms to have “always armed” zone called “HA remote control” which as said can be always on and triggered only by remote switch (sonoff or better IP150).

Does all this makes sense ?

p.s. i found 1.39 IP150 used but cheap, will give it one more try :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds plausible, would be interested to see if you manage it. This integration doesn’t create any switches, though… If we can’t control the IP150, maybe we could use some normal zwave switch to do it.

About a month ago I asked a technician I know to call in the Paradox rep office and explore a bit on that topic. He called back saying the guys were absolutely firm they only support one way communication. My current contract with the security company says I’m entitled to insurance claims if they don’t show up within 2 mins of an ‘event’, which is why they’d like the IP150 limited.
Of course, if you’re using a Paradox system by yourself with no contract then I don’t imagine anyone could stop you from experimenting. In such case you won’t be limited to IP150 - you could make your own ‘sensor’ based on i.e. ESP8266, hook it to one of your zones on the board and trigger it remotely - as you suggested in your post.

From web interface these relays are easily controlable, they are designed as extra/optional, for added functionality, not sure what exactly they had in mind, but…

Only issue is how to tell IP150 to toggle them…:slight_smile:

EDIT: made it work, not sure what exactly, lots of small changes to .yaml and config… and it works! :smiley:

Had a lot of trouble with misused " and ’
Be aware they make a difference.
This is format of my sensors that work:

- platform: mqtt
  state_topic: "paradox/zone/state/4"
  name: alarm.PP
  device_class: smoke
  payload_on: "on"
  payload_off: "off"
  payload_available: "Connected"
  payload_not_available: "Disconnected"

Watch out for all " and when to use small letters (on and off @ payload)

If anyone know how to add “last changed” attribute to all sensors, and then show it on lovelace would me of much help! :slight_smile:

Thanks