Paradox Alarm MQTT Hassio addon

I would still have one available if interested (v1.40). I bought it specifying I needed an old formware (they are typically more onerous than those with the current firmware) and the seller sent me a new one. He did not want to send me the correct one before I sent back the other one and therefore I bought another one from another seller as I had to leave on holidays. It is brand new.

Kind regards

I have emailed the supplier I have put the order in with to see what they have. Iā€™m Australia, where abouts are you?

This place seems to sell ones with the old firmware.
https://www.megateh.eu/products/control-panel-modules/paradox-ip150s-internet-module-service-open-version

I see its a different version the IP150s as mentioned on this page.
http://www.paradox.com/Products/default.asp?CATID=3&SUBCATID=38&PRD=563

Europe as well - keep us posted with the version of your supplier

The issue I had was with MQTT - now the Paradox Addon is working for me as well.

I am going to try the arm/disarm based on the information above.

I think you are mistaking Austria with Australia, Iā€™m on the other side of the globe :wink:

Definitely not - but I expressed myself wrongly - I am in Europe as well with regards to the reseller proposed by J-P. I have family in Australia, although havenā€™t seen them for a long time. Cheers

oh, sorry. I misunderstood

well I just heard back from my local supplierā€¦ they have shipped me version 4.3 so I guess Iā€™m screwed unless I want to pay for another one :unamused:

@sparkydave I do not wish to hijack this thread, as it is a great module integrated with HA, but if you have problems with recent panels, this project may help you: https://github.com/jpbarraca/pai

2 Likes

Thanks, Iā€™ll check it out once I get my Paradox alarm system up and running. Delivery is today

Hi @alfredo

Thanks for this addon. Everything is working very well.
Is it possible to control Paradox PGM from Home Assistant? I have my blades connected to PGM and would like to create some automations from HA.

Thanks

Hi Alfredo, Xessiv and all.

Thanks again for all your assistance on this project. Xessiv, you mention above that you have 2 areas that you control in Home Assistant and in your setup you simply add another entry under alarm_control_panel and append ā€˜/2ā€™ onto the state_topic and command_topic.

Do these multiple areas need to be set up somewhere, or should the just work? I have 3 separate areas on my Paradox Evo192 (house, garage and office) and I tried adding ā€˜/2ā€™ and ā€˜/3ā€™ to the my alarm_control_panel, but only ā€˜/1ā€™ (house) area works. The other two area show as ā€˜unknownā€™.

alarm_control_panel:
  - platform: mqtt
    state_topic: "paradox/alarm/state/1"
    command_topic: "paradox/alarm/cmnd/1"
    payload_disarm: "DISARM"
    payload_arm_home: "ARM_HOME"
    payload_arm_away: "ARM_AWAY"
    qos: 1
    name: "House alarm"
    state_topic: "paradox/alarm/state/2"
    command_topic: "paradox/alarm/cmnd/2"
    name: "Office alarm"
    state_topic: "paradox/alarm/state/3"
    command_topic: "paradox/alarm/cmnd/3"
    name: "Garage alarm"

Is there anything else I need to do to get these two other areas working?

Hi Claude, please see below.

My Paradox MQTT connection addon is standard, didnā€™t change anything on that except for Alarm host IP, and MQTT user/pass

In my configuration.yaml, I have the following:

alarm_control_panel:
    command_topic: "paradox/alarm/cmnd/1"
    name: "Control State Home"
    command_topic: "paradox/alarm/cmnd/2"
    name: "Control State Garage"

Iā€™ve just had time to rebuild my HomeAssistant setup, and have encountered an issue where command_topic isnā€™t allowed to be in sensor format anymore, so I had to remove that.

So for the arm/disarm ā€˜sensorā€™, I have this in my sensors.yaml

name: "Alarm State Home"

name: "Alarm State Garage"

And for the actual switch component (arm/disarm separate zones), that just works from the data in configuration.yaml. The command that does the switching is the command_topic line, so when you reference the entity it will bring it up for you.

And this is how Iā€™ve got them referenced in my groups.yaml - cut down version so you can test if it works for you.

default_view:
  view: yes
  icon: mdi:home
  entities:
    - sensor.alarm_state_home
    - sensor.alarm_state_garage
    - group.Alarm

Alarm:
  name: Alarm
  icon: mdi:alarm-light
  view: yes
  entities:
  - alarm_control_panel.control_state_home
  - alarm_control_panel.control_state_garage
  - sensor.alarm_state_home
  - sensor.alarm_state_garage

Tested and working on Home Assistant 0.87.1 with Paradox addon v5 running on HassOS 2.8 on a RPi 3B
Let me know if you have any more questions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi hybrix, sorry for the delay.

Iā€™ve just written hopefully a more complete post below, with all of my sections documented. Please check it out - Paradox Alarm MQTT Hassio addon

Let me know if youā€™re still having issues :slight_smile:

Once again Xssesiv, many thanks for your time. Unfortunately, my setup was almost exactly the same as yours, but I still couldnā€™t get my system to see the other ā€˜areasā€™ of my Paradox installation.

My entire system was slowing down on a Raspberry Pi installation so I reinstalled a snapshot of my setup in a Docker container on an Ubuntu laptop and now it can see the other Paradox areas! Maybe just a problem with limited resources.

I can now unset the system using alarm_control_panel and see all motion sensors, door sensors etc. The only problem is that I canā€™t set the alarm.

I have the following setup for my areas:

state_topic: 'paradox/alarm/state/1'
  command_topic: 'paradox/alarm/cmnd/1'
  name: alarm_house
  payload_disarm: 'DISARM'
  payload_arm_home: 'ARM_HOME'
  payload_arm_away: 'ARM_AWAY'

state_topic: 'paradox/alarm/state/2'
  command_topic: 'paradox/alarm/cmnd/2'
  name: alarm_cottage
  payload_disarm: 'DISARM'
  payload_arm_home: 'ARM_HOME'
  payload_arm_away: 'ARM_AWAY'

My Lovelace alarm panels are set up as follows:

- entity: alarm_control_panel.alarm_house
    name: House
    states:
      - arm_home
      - arm_away
    type: alarm-panel
  - entity: alarm_control_panel.alarm_garage
    name: Garage
    states:
      - arm_home
      - arm_away
    type: alarm-panel

and lastly, my Paradox setup is as follows:

{
  "IP150_ADDRESS": "http://192.168.xxx.xxx:xxxx",
  "PANEL_CODE": "XXXX",
  "PANEL_PASSWORD": "xxxxxxxx",
  "MQTT_ADDRESS": "mqtt://core-mosquitto",
  "MQTT_USERNAME": "XXXXX",
  "MQTT_PASSWORD": "xxxxxxxxxxx",
  "ALARM_PUBLISH_TOPIC": "paradox/alarm/state",
  "ALARM_SUBSCRIBE_TOPIC": "paradox/alarm/cmnd",
  "ZONE_PUBLISH_TOPIC": "paradox/zone/state",
  "CTRL_PUBLISH_TOPIC": "paradox/ctrl/state",
  "CTRL_SUBSCRIBE_TOPIC": "paradox/ctrl/cmnd"
}

Can anyone see any reason why I can only disarm my alarm and not arm them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Claude,

I donā€™t know why you still canā€™t control more than one area, very strange! Maybe try to remove the single new line between the first and second areas under your alarm_control_panel: code?
For the arm/disarm though, maybe youā€™ve got too much information on the Lovelace alarm panel section?
Maybe just try having the entity and name lines, and remove the states/type because it may work without them?

The code I put up for my groups.yaml has displayed this for Lovelace. Circle highlighted are the sensors and then 1/2 are the 2 areas, which can be controlled separately, and can arm/disarm:
And in Pending state when Arm Away is selected:

Hope this helps you/anyone out further.

Hi, I just did my test and it works with IParadox app and HA connected to the IP150. I guess IParadox app doesnā€™t use web interface. If I try to connect through browser I get message ā€œOnly one connection at a timeā€.
So I was arming/disarming the panel with the app and the info in HA was changing real time.

Hey All,

Iā€™m very glad youā€™re making progress in having the add-on work in more and more setups. I know this is just half-backed, and it especially lacks documentation; the community extra effort to help other new users out is awesome!

Iā€™ll try to address a few items that arose recently:

@UbiMaiden Yes, the IP150 module (firmware V3) can be accessed in two ways: a web interface (say, port 80 via a web browser); a binary protocol (typically, port 1000, I guess with a proprietary software). Now, from my tests these two systems interconnect quite in a peculiar way:

• If youā€™re logged on the binary protocol (and not on the web interface), then you canā€™t log into the web interface
  • If youā€™re logged on the web interface, then you can still log via the binary protocol

Thatā€™s exactly why Iā€™ve implemented this add-on to access via the web interface, so that you still have the binary interface available, which some mobile apps (or, in my case, the remote monitoring system from the alarm installers) use. Crucially, this seems to differ from the other pieces of software, which prefer the binary interface, and hence end up also disabling access via the web interface.

@jpbarraca Thanks for sharing, what an awesome effort! I seem to understand the beta IP access youā€™ve recently added goes via the binary protocol and not the web interface (see above). If youā€™re interested, please feel free to embed/link the code Iā€™ve developed to achieve that for firmware V3; the code should be modular enough to ease integration.

@rogercrespo Iā€™m not too familiar with the PGM in the Paradox alarm. Iā€™d say that if you can control them via the web interface, then my add-on can likely be extended to support them. However, Iā€™m not sure I fully understand their purpose, and donā€™t use any in my setup; so Iā€™d like to set expectations that developing, testing and releasing them may not happen so soon. Iā€™m however very open to contribution, in case someone wants to jot down the required extension to the code.

@J-P, you said:

that sounds interesting! Out of curiosity, does it work on the lines: ā€œIf someone leaves home and alarm is not triggered, send out a reminder notificationā€? And this assumes you have other means to detect presence?

Finally, I still havenā€™t found a way to trigger the alarm from the web interface, neither in ā€œpanicā€ mode (no siren) nor regular trigger. If anyone finds a way please just let me know, and we can add the relevant support in the add-on so that you can define a switch to trigger the alarm. This would allow, for instance, to define automations to use your own window sensors or cameras with motion detection to trigger the alarm when itā€™s armed.

Thanks all, and enjoy!

Hi Alfredo,
PGMs are relays that you could use to activate different utilities (open garage doors, turn on heatā€¦). The only way to activate alarm is, if the zone changes state when armed. To do that through web interface you would need to use IP150 I/O with relay that opens zone when armed. Google for the document IP150_EI02.pdf input/output. I used to turn on my home PC through IParadox app and PGM.
The other way to turn on alarm, would be to use Sonoff basic with relay, that does the same job as IP 150 I/O.