Passing password (from text input) to command

Hello
Im trying to create a button that will run a remote command on another server. The command needs a password, that I plan to get as “input_text”. Not sure if this can be done, but here’s what I have:

Configuration.yaml …

input_text:
passphrase:
mode: password

shell_command:
deluge_start1: ssh -i /config/ssh/id_rsa -o ‘StrictHostKeyChecking=no’ [email protected] ‘deluge-web {{ value }}&’

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ui-Lovelace: …

• type: “custom:button-card”
    entity: script.deluge_button
    name: Start Deluge
    icon: mdi:kodi
    tap_action:
    action: call-service
    service: shell_command.deluge_start1
    data_template:
    value: >
    {{states.input_text.passphrase.state}}

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Im getting the following error on .yaml check.

Invalid config for [input_text]: expected a dictionary for dictionary value @ data[‘input_text’][‘mode’]. Got ‘password’. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 24).

Please format your post with code blocks and not ++++++

You can either use a “triple backtick” (button above tab on US layout keyboards) before and after the code, or you can click this button and paste your code in there:

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 10.40.30 am

Looks like you have problems …

Here’s some homework for you:

But let me help you with your reading:

This forum is not a helpdesk
We are volunteering our free time to help others. Not all topics may get an answer, never mind one that helps you solve your problem.

If I read dozens of posts trying to lend my time and trying to understand the problems there is no question that “plain formatted” code blocks are easier for all to comprehend for all seeking a solution and all trying to help.

:one::one: Format it properly

Spacing is critical in YAML, and if you just throw the code on the page then it’ll look ugly and nobody will know if the problem is because of spacing. We need you to use code blocks and appropriate markup.

You short-sightedly think I am a “nazi” for syntax for shit-and-giggles?
I (and others) am/are attempting to assist a poster by checking their YAML syntax which will fail with no error. You obviously no idea how crucial white space is in syntax.

Finally:

:two::two: Be respectful

Please do read the code of conduct .

I’m sorry you’re having such difficulties. Maybe take a break and do yoga, or learn to code your own home automation solution from scratch?

When you’re done with that; seeing as this problem directly affects you, how about you lend to the solution by posting what you have tried?

Oh, I guess the irony must be lost on you …

Ill be happy to link to many, MANY outdated readme files, github readmes and flat out a large amount of the documentation behind home assistant that you should contribute more of your time to, if you feel like writing books.

Unintelligent remark about the length of my reply aside; I’ll accept your comment as an apology.

All the best with your issues.