Passive BLE Monitor integration (Xiaomi Mijia BLE MiBeacon monitor)

With ble_monitor, there is no need to enter an encryption key when using ATC firmware. You can use the mi-like format or the custom format, the last is more precise. In ble_monitor 1.0.0 I fixed a bug for Bluetooth 5.0 dongles in combination with the ATC firmware, which might explain why you didn’t get readings in your first attempts. Not sure this was your issue, but to to hear that it works now.

Your configuration looks ok. Rounding is removed, but that can’t have anything to do with your problem. I propose you make a new issue on github, where we can help you solve your problem. Please report your type of sensor in the issue and any errors in the logs.

Update: reinstalled the repository today, used the current yaml code from the github page, changed the name of the sensor vs previous and - magic - it is working again.

Thanks for the reply. It’s a great integration, I am now planning to add more bluetooth devices, could use e.g. some miflora sensors for my plants.

It’s just that I’ve become a little bit reluctant to update :slight_smile:

Have three LYWSD03MMC sensors reporting Temp, Humid, Battery % seemingly solid for now. But the Battery Voltage works at start after reprogramming with pvvx custom firmware V 2.1. Then shortly becomes Unavailable in Development/States.
Using BLE Monitor Version 1.0 via HACS.
Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Thanks

Hello,
sorry for my english “google trad” …
I use your plugin with which I managed to integrate my:

• HHCCJCY01
  • MCCGQ02HL
  • LYWSD03MMC
  • LYWSDCGQ
    and I get the information well. However, for the LYWSD03MMC after a certain time the status returns to “unknown” as long as there is no opening / closing.
    Would it be possible to keep the last state, with a template ?
    I saw the template {{states.sensor.mi_t_1.last_updated}} but it just indicates by a string of characters the last change of state.

I have a SJWS01LM sensor. I have tried to get the encryption key via https://atc1441.github.io/TelinkFlasher.html. I can connect via Bluetooth but can not het the mac or key. I have set Chrome.

@nel.michael Read the documentation, the TelinkFlasher only works for LYWSD03MMC:

Hi… Please help… Where / how do I get the encryption key from the [(SJWS01LM)

@nel.michael You will need to follow the instructions I pointed to above. I did this yesterday, using the method with modified MiHome for Android. It works perfectly.

Did you enable the option to create battery entities? The voltage sensor is related to the battery, so you have to enable this option. Otherwise, please open an issue on github and we will check what is going on.

What do you mean by "no opening/closing. LYWSD03MMC is a temperature/humidity sensor?

1 Like

Hi,

I just installed this integration as instructed. After adding the device on the Passive BLE Monitor menu, I am not getting any “sensor” or “entity” to add to the dashboard.

Do I need to have mitemp_bt installed or what? How to get the sensor now to the dashboard as an entity? I have followed the instructions to the point, but there are no instructions what to do after adding the device in the Passive BLE Monitor menu. How do I know if the connection succeeded?

There is no entity for the sensor anywhere to be found?

Thanks, maybe I am missing something obvious.

It should be automatically added, if you have discovery set to True (= default). You might need to set an encryption key to receive the actual data, but the device should be recognized automatically. Try moving your sensor close to your raspberry or whatever you use, to check if you have connection issues. Sometimes SSD drives can block the BLE signals

Thanks for the reply. The problem ended up being too weak signal, moving the sensor next to the Raspberry did the trick. Thanks!

Oupps
Excuse me. It’s for my MCCGQ02HL…

I am really sorry…
I just realized that a cron restart my home assistant server every 20 min. That’s why the sensors come back to unknown
I think the problem is solved
mea culpa

Great. You can also use the restore_state option to restore the previous state directly after a restart. This will prevent the unkown state. Although I can’t imagine why you would like to restart every 20 minutes :smiley:

Ernst…
“Did you enable the option to create battery entities?”

Yes I have that set for all devices. I was able to get things working better for those units that I have placed custom programming on prior to having HA recognize the devices. I removed them then reprogrammed them and all seem to be working better. I also had an issue with the temp being marked as F but displayed as C temps. IE 68F was displayed as 20F. I had all setting set to F but found that leaving it as C in the custom programming (pvvx V:1.9 flasher with 2.1 custom firmware) and removing from BLE monitor (like above) it started to display correctly. Thanks.

Is there anyway to have the battery voltage displayed with more digits? Now 2.9 would like to see 2.99 or 2.999. Have set number of decimals in BLE to 2 for all devices but no change any where.

It can be set at two places, at integration level and at device level. Possibly the last is overruling the integration setting. Can you show your configuration?

I haven’t added any settings in ui-lovelace.yaml for these devices. I used HACS to install BLE Monitor and have only changed settings through BLE Options. Thought I shouldn’t double config. My mistake?

In the UI you can select your device in the ble monitor options at the bottom, in a drop down menu. After clicking submit it will open extra options for that specific device. Check that decimals is set to default.