Path Rewrite, Reverse Proxy

Hi There.

I want to install Home Assistant behind a reverse proxy. All is fine an working … but:

I want nginx to proxy the URL mepage.de/HOMEASSISTANT/ to the Home Assistant UI. It works partly. I will receive the index.html just fine. Unfortunately all URLs in the index.html start with a slash “/”. Therefore the url for the core.js in not found. href="/frontend_latest/core.821a37cc.js". This URL is of course not changed by nginx.

It looks, like Home Assistant is set to always be installed on root, right? Can I change the base url somewhere
Oliver

This is not configurable.

The option that I would recommend is to use a subdomain instead.

You might be able to do it via a nginx rewrite rule, but I have no personal experience

Nope, doesn’t work. HA returns absolute paths…

Any solution for this topic?

The topc has been discussed here also:

and here
[Reverse proxy using NGINX - #75 by cs.lev (Proxy connection via subdomains like homeassistant.spdns.org](https://Another Proxy Discussion) works but not subdirectories like xxx.spdns.org/homassistant)

In the last case a rewrite rule could solve the problem.

As I’ve just replied on another topic with the same problem, I’ve been fed up of the lack of webroot configuration in home assistant and created a way to perform it. Although it’s not complete yet, I can display the lovelace dashboard.

Cheers,