Pet Feeder Entities

what are you trying todo?

Oh in my case for now it’s just curiosity on what I can do. Since I don’t know what all the DPs are and whether it’s only reading or whether I can also send commands, I don’t yet know what’s possible.
For example to feed with an automation, or to get an announcement when food is low, etc.

I was simply sharing some stats from my own setup in case it helps others identify the possibilities as well.

Ahh, ok , everything what you can do in smart life app should be possible also in HA… the problem is that not all DP are visible, … So it’s wild guessing , or you can retrieve them with an older APK version and enable adb debugging…

The camera is something else, difficult to get, but on some models rtsp is possible on port 554, for others it’s closed

Were you able to figure out the voice command execution?

I can change the number of voice executions, but when feed via HASS the voice does not play.
The voice command does play when the feeder runs on schedule setup on the unit.

Sorry I don’t use the voice execution at all. The cats come running when they hear the food falling into the tray, no need for seduction xD

It’s just funny, my kids like it :slight_smile:

Hi @alexbeatle,

thanks for your code. I tried to configure on my HA your dashboard, but I don’t find all your sensor (eg:
binary_sensor.food_container_level). Could you please share with us all your configuration regarding the Feeder?

Thanks
Luca

Not all devices do have a sensor, mine doesn’t :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the feedback. Do you maybe happen to have a guide on how you did this with the APK? I also am unable to see all DPs in Tuya Cloud, they even do not provide the option to give kibbles.

yes, created a guide here:

1 Like

Also try to send data to dp 201, it’s probably the one for feeding portions

Thanks, you were right. 201 was the right one to use for my device.
For reference:
I have the Pixmy cat feeder PIXMY - Automatische Voerbak Kat - 4L - Wi-Fi - Met App en Full HD Camera - Voerbak Kat | bol.com
And reverse engineered the following using the procedures shared above:
101 indicator light ==> On/Off
103 flip screen ==> on/off
104 video osd function ==> on/off
106 motion detect alarm sensitivity ==> 0
108 infrared ==> 0
113 motion detection video ==> without cloud subscription there is no value
115 motion detection picture ==> need to reverse engineer the information that is shared. This probably references a URL of a picture.
134 motion detection ==> on/off
201 feed now ==> include portion size in value part
202 grams per serving ==> default 1.00g
203 control commands ==> ???
204 device status ==> ???
205 automatic food delivery ==> ???
206 report historical data ==> ???
207 schedule ==> 7f16000410000007f22000410000007f0600041000000 (7fhhmmpp1000000 , hh hours in 24 hour format, mm minutes, pp portions to give at this time)
208 feeding recording ==> ??? to enable a short video when feeding

i have another type, but probably the same dp’s indeed
for 201 , i just send indeed the portions like 1,2,3,4
I also use 201 for my historical data in HA, since its includes the last portion in that sensor
202 , for me its 10 , but i dont use it
115 , this is indeed a long token, but we cant use it, the camera stream now works differently, based on webrtc, still strugling with this one, seems i cant use rtsp, no 554 open on my feeder

i also use 108 , i send it based on “sun” integrtaion, i dont like the automode of the device itself, its too sensive

all the others i dont use

also 201 for me reposts “0” if the motor was jammer, also verry usefull to send an notification alert

how did you find out the what they mean anyway ?, for the 20x ones?

I used the Tuya IoT device debug and used Google translate to translate the different Chinese options displayed and used the Chrome Network inspect tool to find out the DP number.

ahh ok, yeah, my values 20X are not listed on IoT debug, only 10X values

you mean the API explorer, right? you didnt use my guide i posted earlier to find out?

I still plan to go through that process as well to see if I can find more to work with but indeed used the API explorer.
I found out in that way that the automatic feeding was triggered with DP 201 and since I was there anyhow, I just checked all options it gave me.
I just started to use home assistant a few days ago and still learning on how to build a proper frontend, call services so I’m not yet up to speed :slight_smile:

hehe ok

can you maybe show me a screenshot how you find out the DP values? so i know i’m looking at same place

Sorry it was not the API explorer, it was the device debug.
I used this procedure: Find Tuya Data Points | Zigbee2MQTT

ok, ill have a look, hopefully i can see some comments there :slight_smile:
thnx for sharing