Philips Android TV component

I forgot one important step.
I removed the media_player domain from homekit, restarted homeassistant, and re-added it so it is recognized as device_class tv. Because you had it without device_class before and it does not refresh in homekit.

1 Like

Thanks again for the assistance.

I removed the media_player domain from homekit, restarted home assistant, and re-added it so it is recognized as device_class tv.

However, I still have four switches after re-adding the media_plart domain.
Any other thoughts on what would cause this?

I fixed it! It turned out to be because my customized.yaml wasn’t included in my configuration.yaml

thanks again :slight_smile:

I cannot make it to work because of the error message as per my post on July 8th. the 2.13.0 request comes from the last file

Can anyone change this file to the required 2.21.0 version? or wouldn’t that solve the problem?

Thanks!

Jos

@Trouble-51:

You got conflicting dependencies in your python environment… as suggested above you could use a new venv (python virtual environment). With venv you can create and switch between different python environments with different dependencies installed.

https://virtualenv.pypa.io/en/stable/userguide/

Just create a new venv and try installing the requirements there.

1 Like

Hi again,

I just wanted to share I found a solution for the problem that some philips TVs seem to ignore the energy saving options and turn completely off, no matter what. As network interfaces turn off, too, things like wakeOn(W)Lan didn’t work for me either.

I found a configurable wakelock app on GitHub (https://github.com/d4rken/wakelock-revamp) and sideloaded it to my tv. I use the wakelock for processor and now the TV does go into a standby mode, still being reachable via lan. I have not measured the power consumption exactly but my master slave plug still works (sure… the panel is off).

The TV is even reachable via adb, so if you have an android TV you can either use this great custom component, or the android tv component which enabled me to program input source changes via adb.

For the sake of completeness:

Before I could use wakeOnLan/adb to turn on my TV, I used the turn_on event of the media player component to trigger an IR blaster to “activate” the TV like this:

- id: tv_turn_on_event
  alias: '[TV] Overwrite Turn On'
  trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: call_service
    event_data:
      domain: media_player
      service: turn_on
      entity_id: media_player.andoid_tv
  action:
  - service: script.turn_on
    data:
      entity_id: script.tv_ir_home_cmd
3 Likes

Is this possible to make a fork of the component that will not have emoji icons? This will help pushing the media player to HomeKit

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply.
Thanks for making me aware of this problem.

How would you suggest handling the difference between a channel source and an app source?

Hi

I get this error on HA 0.100 , is an update needed ?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 150, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 416, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/philips_2016/media_player.py", line 66, in setup_platform
    add_devices([PhilipsTV(tvapi, name, mac)])
  File "/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/philips_2016/media_player.py", line 73, in __init__
    import wakeonlan
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'wakeonlan'

Use the newest version on the Github: https://github.com/nstrelow/ha_philips_android_tv
This should be fine.

Can anyone else conform if it is working or not?

I did not see any issues yet, but will this be available as an update in hacs?

The newest version is 3 months old and should already be available via HACS

1 Like

yes everything is ok ! thanks !

I have a Philips 48PUS7600-12. I managed to get it working by changing the version ‘6’ to ‘5’ in media_player.py (BASE_URL = ‘https://{0}:1926/5/{1}’)

The only thing which is not working is getting the channelList.

[custom_components.philips_android_tv.media_player] TV is not returning JSON. Either the authentification failed or your TV does not support calling channeldb/tv/channelLists/all.

Any suggestions?

Hi everyone. Thinking of buying 2019 Philips 65PUS7354. Any idea if it will be possible to pair it with HA? Thanks.

So my POS9002 shows as NA when turned on, is it possible to make it show as On? I want to dim lights when turning on the TV and brighten them when turning it off. The TV is recognized correctly as Off when turned off.

It looks like the latest HA version 0.101, and even 0.101.1, broke something on this.
I’m getting the following error

“TV WakeOnLan is not working. Check mac address and make sure TV WakeOnLan is activated.”

when trying to Power On from the Dashboard. Also, the state is always reported as Off.
It was working fine until yesterday.

Is there any way to remove sources from the drop down list? Currently my list has about 30 items and I only ever use 3 of them!
I know some other media players have a source_ignore option you can put in the config file; but I cant seem to see anything like this for philips?
Thanks

1 Like

I have the 2019 55PUS7304, which I believe is pretty much the same and it works fine with this!

Thanks! It is the same, just different color. Have you by any chance tried yeelight ambilight+ integration?