Philips Android TV component

A few days ago, I had the television connected by wifi, now I have it by cable and the app did not work, in the end the problem I think was that it uses port 1925 for Wi-Fi and 1926 for cable

I am experiencing problems connecting the TV from the “Philips TV Remote” app. It says invalid IP address and then i fails to connect from HASSIO too.

Could be related to conflicts between connection from HASSIO through this component.

Power off the tv (take out from the wall outlet) , waiting for 5 minutes to reset, and power on again, does not help every time.

I am not able to connect right now.

Anyone have similar experience or knowledge about this?

Hi all, I also had connectivity issues with my 55pus7304 and now there is a workaround for this, making the status unknown when the connection drops so the automations only triggers when goes from off to on…

Also I found that the dropouts may be caused by too many calls to the api, as before I had hass and homebridge at the same time and it was failing way more times than now that I have only hass

Should pairing be done from the same device the plugin is installed on?
I’m running HassIO but it doesn’t allow me to clone repo’s and run python scripts as instructed.

Hi @schumi2004,

As I understand it, the pairing process is separate with the only purpose to get the username and password. This need not be run from the same device running HASSIO. You can do it from at Mac, Windows PC or other devices. You just need to have python running with the needed prerequisites and be on the same network as your tv.

/Ghassan

Hello,

is it possible to use adb command ?

action:
  service: androidtv.adb_command
  data:
    entity_id: media_player.philips_tv
    command: "LEFT"

I would like to create buttons to navigate in the interface.

I tried but it did not work.

thank you and stay safe!

@maxime.vilmay try

command: "input keyevent KEYCODE_SOFT_LEFT"

https://developer.android.com/reference/android/view/KeyEvent#KEYCODE_SOFT_LEFT

Hi an20dei,

I Have no trouble running the philips.py if I use my desktop. But on hassio I get an error (Terminal)
“-bash: python: command not found”
Do I need to install python? I assumed it is already installed since it already runs python scripts

Is there a way to do this on hassio? I can run the philips.py but it complains that I’m missing the import requests library. Normally I would do pio installl requests. But I can not do this on hassio.

Is there some other way?

Sorry for the stupid question,
my Philips OLED TV is connected via lan cable and everythink it’s work ok.
But if I don’t send commend for a certain time, the TV is not answer anymore.
If I try to ping the TV ip is not answer.
But if I PowerOn and StandBy again it return to answer again. (also at ping command)

So is there some think do to in order always on on my LAN IP please ?

Thanks a lot all
Denis

Pairing with the tv, but this is based on a raspberry, i have Home Assistant on a Synology (docker) how do i got the script then?

What to do if you don’t have a Raspberry but Hassio on a Docker in Synology?

@Ghassan Ghassan Christensen wrote:
As I understand it, the pairing process is separate with the only purpose to get the username and password. This need not be run from the same device running HASSIO. You can do it from at Mac, Windows PC or other devices. You just need to have python running with the needed prerequisites and be on the same network as your tv.

I don’t have a Raspberry, used it in the past always trouble with the cards after a while, i use Hassio in Docker on Synology,
I dit copy philips.py to my user directory, then on Terminal (Putty on Mac)
python philips.py --host 192.168.1.106 pair where 192.168.1.106 is my Philips 7354 Android TV. Too bad i got: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “philips.py”, line 6, in
import requests What is the exact row to type in?

Hi Bob,

Are you sure your TV runs android?
Se my post for details her:

Mine for example runs Linux and can/need not be paired.
So, try the following two links from any browser on same network as your TV:

http://:192.168.1.106:1925/1/system
http://:192.168.1.106:1926/1/system

Notice which one gives a response
and examine the system details you get

Strange, the tv is a Philips 65pus7354 and it has Android 9 it also have in setup android settings and login for android.
But doing:
http://192.168.1.106:1926/1/system browser stays cirkling, another browser gives the server dit not respond.
http://192.168.1.106:1925/1/system The same
But also: how to use your command line: python philips.py --host 192.168.1.106 pair 192.168.1.106 is my Philips TV (and too bad the ip adres of it is only visible when the tv is online i noticed).

Are you already using the Philips TV Remote app?

• if yes try to remove the TV from the app then adding it again.
  • If not yet, then try to connect to the TV,

if this don’t work, you will not be able to connect from anywhere else.

• try resetting the TV network connections by doing the following:
    – turn off TV, unplug from wall outlet, wait for 5 min then plug in and turn on again.
  • then try to connect again

if this still don’t work, verify whether you are using the right Ip address
otherwise I don’t know what could be wrong.

Not yet tried any remote app as there were a lot of it in the store, tried some of them, but the apps always say not for your device.

Oh sorry, the app for Apple do work (although not easy) I only got 1 android tablet Lenovo and that is not supporting this app.

Apparently still not everything is available for systems other than Raspberry with the rickety sdhc cards, I just switched to Hassio in a Synology docker, but unfortunately the command sequence to access Android TV does not work because there is no Python available such as at the Raspberry in the terminal. So again to the Raspberry, but then you have to put everything on SSD and boot. Unfortunately, I put a card on Ubuntu to get into ssh with the terminal and that is of course not possible from the Hassio Environment via Docker because the card described with the Hassio image is unreadable on the computer and so you also get there no ssh file written on it.
So I am busy again with my Pi4 with the new boot and then you have to do:
sudo rpi-eeprom update -d -f /lib/firmware/raspberrypi/bootloader/beta/pieeprom-2020-05-15.bin
sudo: rpi-eeprom update: command not found

Hi Bob,
If you have a Windows pc, you can install Python and do the pairing from there. Probably you can do the same from a Mac.