Philips Dynalite lighting + switches

Thanks for the heads up.

Im going to try not sound like a total n00b but currently i can’t seem to install the componets be it ziv’s or troykelly’s components - installed either in custom_components but never appaear in the list of possible intergrations - it does appear to have already got dynlite in the list but you click it and it just closes again…
sorry for the basic questions

Yes, I have the same problem, once you click on the + button in integrations then search dynalite, nothing happens. however if you edit your configuration.yaml file you will be able to add dynalite. You can check the example here. Set auto discovery to be true and you will find new entities in the entities section.

Right so this is assuming that you have the TCP > RS485 gateway setup?

I loaded a dummy config just now as below

Yes, you should have TCP > RS485 gateway connected to your network and have it pointing to the ip address of the gateway.

in the debug I can see that it is referring to it. I will share my setting of the USR RS485 < to > IP that I have in case you use it.

I’d already purchased the other unit but will keep this in mind.

Connecting it in just wire d+ d- and ground?
Do you have a photo of how you connected it up?

Since you purchased from the same make, I guess the configuration will be similar.

Attached is my wiring and where I have connected it using rj12 / 6 pins

The color coding is random for me, excuse my mess :grin:

Is it possible with this hardware IP to 485 to talk with envision and dynamic touch or does one need pdeg gateway

Also your wire pin out confuses me I thought this was the working on rj12 ?

@krezlic you’ll need a PDEG for this as it holds the web pages

Cool sounds like the IP to 485 is enough for me to avoid spending 500 usd I’d just be using the system as it’s programmed just via home assistant.

Your power looks like brown and blue both go to 12+ ?

My wiring is a mess, I have followed the diagram below. Color code is definitely wrong since I’m using cat6 cable.

I think I need to remove some wires, thank you for noticing that!

As @tjd told that PDEG is required to run envision app

for the power, I guess I need to redo it as well. The USR devise capable of handling up to 36 DC Volt.

When you receive your device and test it, please let me know if Home Assistant is reflecting the correct status of lights. I didn’t get to that point till now. it might be because of my IP< to > RS485 not sure.

Thanks

If it helps anyone this is the routing that’s typically setup in a PDEG. Please ignore the 8008 routes as that’s for Control4. The idea is that port 50000 is used for remote access and any other TCP ports are for third party interfaces.

So shall I change the port in the device I have to 50000?

Not necessarily, it’s just the default in the PDEG. You just need to ensure whatever port you’re using is consistent with the interface that connect to it, if that makes sense.

I’ve got my 485 converter connected should I be able to start seeing data if I telnet to the port of the 485 converter?

Currently Im not seeing any new entries being created when I button on and off devices with auto configure turned on.

dynalite:
bridges:
- host: 192.168.1.210
port: 12345
autodiscover: true
polltimer: 1

So when I press a switch on Dynalite system I can see RX flash on the 485 > IP modules so I can see its getting some kind of data.

is there any new entities in Home Assistant?

Did you keep your IPto rs485 devise as DHCP or static IP?

remove the modbus tick

Just noticed your IP address is wrong, Keep it the same as your IP to RS485 device 192.168.0.201

Got it working the MODBUS TCP option off fixed the issue… they are appearing in HASS now… to the programming… I’m a bit confused as when I press keys they come in as presets not as channels?