Philips Dynalite lighting + switches

I’ve found some config.yaml and made my the same.
sensor.yaml (where dynalite previously was as is in TroyKellys component) is completly free of dynalite.

No when i do check config i get an error:

Component error: dynalite - cannot import name ‘CONF_CHANNEL’ from ‘dynalite_lib’ (/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dynalite_lib/init.py)

Even when i make dynalite part as small as ossible, still get that error.
At the moment, this is my configuration.yaml:

dynalite:
  bridges:
    - host: 192.168.1.25
      port: 50000
      autodiscover: true
      polltimer: 1
      areacreate: auto
      log_level: debug
      preset:
        '1':
          name: 'On'
          fade: 0
        '4':
          name: 'Off'
      template:
        'aaa':
          room_on: 2
          room_off: 5
        'room':
          room_off: 4
        'channelcover':
          channel: 2
          class: blind
          factor: 0.73
          tilt: 0.02
      default:

Troy’s component was great, but Ziv took it to another level. Thanks both! :slight_smile:

To be personally of litle help, i want to share uber cheap IP-RS485 bridge i bought from Aliexpress which works perfectly.
For long i have geniune Dynalite DNEG which is ~500 USD MSRP, can be found for 1/3 or 1/2 on ebay but this IP gateway is 15 USD! :smiley:

It is all that i like, DIN mount, small, cheap, works on any voltage and super simple to install.
P/N is USR-DR302 and i found it here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000521660045.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.41bc4c4dKetI0y

So, recommendation, to all who have Dynalite at home but were reluctant because of high Dynalite IP bridge.
If you need help setting it up, let me know.

Apologies. I have been away. I made some fixes to the component. Can you try and update it from github and see if you still get the same issues? If you do, will try to fix quickly

Hope you had good time :slight_smile:

I made it work, and it works without issues :slight_smile:

Ive installed new version, still works OK, no issues.
What problems are fixed, i haven’t noticed any.

Hello!

I have used home assistant recently since dynalite component is built in now. It worked great for me I got all light connected via home assistant. I’m very happy to be able to control my whole home in one app.

There is a small issue I have which is real time update. I’m not getting the correct status of lights, even though it shows on home assistant that the light is off, by pressing the physical button it will not update the status.

I’m not sure if I’m having this issue or there is special setup for it.

Could anyone help please?

Thank you

Hey Sasa,

@uzelac

I am about to get started on automation of my Philips Dynalite system and wanted a little guidance if possible on which is the best coponent to run with on the install side.

I am looking at this USR-DR30 IP to 485 Converter which looks great so getting this and a Raspbery Pi 4 to run Home Kit on, just wanted your take on the best componet to start working on.

I don’t have any indication of the channels and zones so will need to also discover these possibly by doing a bit of pressing of buttons around the house.

Thanks for the pointers.

Nick

Hello,

I have the USR Usr-Tcp232-410S RS232 / RS485. I manged to get stuff working around my house. You need to set up the correct parameters in the RS485 tap.

However I didn’t get it to work with the real time update (pressing on a button).

The device is powered directly from the dynalite devices via RJ14 connection.

I hope this is helpful for you @krezlic

waiting on @uzelac as well if he can help

Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up.

Im going to try not sound like a total n00b but currently i can’t seem to install the componets be it ziv’s or troykelly’s components - installed either in custom_components but never appaear in the list of possible intergrations - it does appear to have already got dynlite in the list but you click it and it just closes again…
sorry for the basic questions

Yes, I have the same problem, once you click on the + button in integrations then search dynalite, nothing happens. however if you edit your configuration.yaml file you will be able to add dynalite. You can check the example here. Set auto discovery to be true and you will find new entities in the entities section.

Right so this is assuming that you have the TCP > RS485 gateway setup?

I loaded a dummy config just now as below

Yes, you should have TCP > RS485 gateway connected to your network and have it pointing to the ip address of the gateway.

in the debug I can see that it is referring to it. I will share my setting of the USR RS485 < to > IP that I have in case you use it.

I’d already purchased the other unit but will keep this in mind.

Connecting it in just wire d+ d- and ground?
Do you have a photo of how you connected it up?

Since you purchased from the same make, I guess the configuration will be similar.

Attached is my wiring and where I have connected it using rj12 / 6 pins

The color coding is random for me, excuse my mess :grin:

Is it possible with this hardware IP to 485 to talk with envision and dynamic touch or does one need pdeg gateway

Also your wire pin out confuses me I thought this was the working on rj12 ?

@krezlic you’ll need a PDEG for this as it holds the web pages

Cool sounds like the IP to 485 is enough for me to avoid spending 500 usd I’d just be using the system as it’s programmed just via home assistant.

Your power looks like brown and blue both go to 12+ ?

My wiring is a mess, I have followed the diagram below. Color code is definitely wrong since I’m using cat6 cable.

I think I need to remove some wires, thank you for noticing that!

As @tjd told that PDEG is required to run envision app

for the power, I guess I need to redo it as well. The USR devise capable of handling up to 36 DC Volt.

When you receive your device and test it, please let me know if Home Assistant is reflecting the correct status of lights. I didn’t get to that point till now. it might be because of my IP< to > RS485 not sure.

Thanks