Philips Hue Motion Sensor reset after motion

Please can someone point me in the right direction I want to reset the motion detection on the sensor after about 15 seconds is this possible, at the moment it seems to take a few minutes
thanks

Unless the sensor has a parameter to adjust this it is not. Part of this is how the sensors work (they look at the average and then compare if it changed, so they can’t get a good “new” average after only 15 seconds). The radar based detectors don’t have quite this problem so they can potentially do better.
-David

Which sensor are we talking about? The binary sensor on my Hue motion sensors returns to “clear” after about 10 seconds if there is no further movement. Perhaps you have the sensitivity too high - you can adjust that in the Hue app.

Hue recovery time is configurable. ZHA devs apparently still don’t think it worth the trouble to properly expose the setting.

You have to use the cluster dialogs under “manage zigbee device” or equivalent script.

See ZHA Philips Motion Sensor (SML001) Timeout, Sens - #2 by jerrm for a blueprint you can use or extract the appropriate script from.

These days some of the zha_toolkit functionality may be the better choice.

Or try Zigbee2MQTT, where settings are properly exposed in a friendly manner.

Thank you all