Philips Hue Outdoor Motion (SML004) - No configuration options?

I have a Philips Hue Outdoor Motion (SML004), which I’m connecting to HA via Conbee II. No problem with connecting. However, on the device page, there are no configuration options. The sensor is supposed to have several configuration options, e.g., sensitivity.

(1) Is it possible to set the configuration options via HA/Conbee II? Has anybody got the same sensor, and do you see configuration options?

(2) If not, then is there an alternative way to set the configuration without buying Philips Hue gear?

Many thanks!

The settings are not exposed as entities in ZHA. You have to set the attributes via the “Manage Zigbee Device” page or equivalent service calls.

Assuming the 004 uses the same cluster attributes as the 001 (almost sure it does), this blueprint shows the automation code to set via service calls.

Things like this are a big part of why I moved most everything to zigbee2mqtt where the settings are exposed as friendly entities.

Hi @jerrm - thank you so much for the response.

The settings are not exposed as entities in ZHA. You have to set the attributes via the “Manage Zigbee Device” page or equivalent service calls.

Sorry, I’m fairly new to this. The ‘Manage Zigbee Device’ page would be something like this, right: Settings → Devices → Conbee II, select the sensor, URL something like this {ha}/config/devices/device/{id} ? Update: It doesn’t have a ‘configure’ section, or anything else editable that I can see. (See next post)

When you say ‘equivalent service calls’ - are there other commands I can send that address configurations unavailable via that page?

Assuming the 004 uses the same cluster attributes as the 001 (almost sure it does), this blueprint shows the automation code to set via service calls.

That doesn’t work. I’ll post in that thread.

Things like this are a big part of why I moved most everything to zigbee2mqtt where the settings are exposed as friendly entities.

‘zha’ is the zigbee ‘subcomponent’ of HA, right? And basically zigbee2mqtt is another docker I can run, which then communicates with HA with MQTT? Just trying to get my head around it.

Thanks!

I did find the settings - use the overflow menu in Device Info (to the right of reconfigure). I wanted to change the sensitivity, therefore under clusters I selected the OccupancyCluster and then sensitibity. I read the value first, to make sure that I’m entering a valid value (and so that I can revert if needed). Picture below:

You’re in the right spot.

The cluster/attributes haven’t changed, so the blueprint should work.

As a battery device, the Hue sleeps when it doesn’t have something to report. It won’t hear the setting request unless you wake it up.

That’s true and makes sense.

However, when I first write and then (successfully) read the attribute, it should be set correctly? Or is there a way the read could report a value incorrectly?

I’ve not had a read fail (for the 20 or so properties I’ve tried this on 3 occasions)…

I would expect it to work. It did for me when I had the SML001 units under ZHA, but that’s close to a year ago now. All those units were moved to my z2m instance.

I still have a ZHA instance running, and think I have a spare SML003. If I do I’ll try to test tomorrow.

1 Like