Philips HUE Smart Button - 5 press actions + hold-to-dim

I think you were using the non-mqtt version as you changed the import URL. I’ve updated the main topic now so if you import it again you should get the MQTT version.

You’ll see it uses mqtt topic instead of a device id

My word, I’m struggling with this… I’ve managed to do so many technical things in Home Assistant but using this blue print with MQTT and Hue Button so I can have multiple clicks is totally got me stumped. If anyone has an idiots step by step guide I’d love to see it! Thanks for what you are doing… hopefully one day my skill level will be where it needs to be to make this work!

Can you share your config and what’s working/not working?

You’ll need to make sure you’re using the latest version of the blueprint from yesterday which includes the MQTT topic setting

Well, I imported the blueprint using the very first post of this topic again.

And no luck as well :

The automation is not working, when I use the button, nor when I do “run” it from the webui.

nothing happens.

That’s not the right config you’ve got there.

You need to leave the button device blank.

The mqtt topic should look like the ones in this post that end in /action
Philips HUE Smart Button - 5 presses - #69 by EagleDev

This is what I have and it doesn’t work when using the button or when running with the run command

Changed to this and still nothing… im obviously doing something wrong and I expect its quite obvious to some but not me! appreciate any help

changed to this

Can you show me the “changed variables” tab?

This one?

Yeah but I think you need to click on the step above - one of them should show me the trigger data… maybe even the first step

Thanks, some progress it is working now, kind of… anything I set as single click works but double click onwards doesn’t work

multi button press wasn’t selected… All working now. Thanks for the help.

OOOOOOK so the full mqtt action including the payload ? I’ll try this today ! thanks !

Hi @TheHolyRoger, thanks to @dward32 screenshot, I’ve figured out what I had to put in the settings, and everything works now !

I have one remaining question. My wife was used to keep the button pressed (long press) and the lights were automatically dimming when using the hue app.

Long press started → light brightness was going down to a certain level, then up again, in some sort of a cycle.

How can I achieve this using your blueprint ? I onlt see toggle / on and off options for the lights (call service).

If you could help me figuring this out it would make my day :wink:

thanks again !!!

I have one last question. Is it possible to group several smart buttons in a single automation ?

I have 6 buttons in my hallway, therefore, I had 6 automations… would be nice to have a single blueprint telling all the buttons they can do the same thing for that specific z2m light group :wink:

I might need your help to get hold actions working properly on Z2M as it doesn’t send a different “release” event for long press.

What happens right now with a long press?

You need to put your action in Button long hold

Enable Button long press - loop actions

Change Button long press - Maximum loop repeats to just 1 to start with - it might get stuck forever otherwise and you’d need to cancel the automation manually

The Long release action won’t work

Afraid not, they need to be individual automations

Okay I’ve also actually just updated the main blueprint :slight_smile:

It now has a few new options at the bottom for dimming.

You can now enable toggling the configured Dim Light Entity on the first button press - without needing to setup a custom action.

You can also enable hold to dim functionality and optionally change the brightness step value when increasing/decreasing

To use these functions you don’t need to change any other “long press”/“long release” options, can leave those actions blank.

Thinking about this some more… Are you able to force all the buttons to use the same MQTT action topic?

If so then you could use one automation for all of them :slight_smile: