Philips Hue Smart Button - Control scenes

Philips Hue Smart Button Blueprint

This blueprint makes use of the Philips Hue Smart Button ROM001

Note

This blueprint is - in my opinion - far from perfect. If you suggest any changes, feel free to comment down below this post or under the GitHub Gist → link not available due to new user policy: search DerLev on GitHub Gist, you’ll find the right gist.

Requirements

• Smart Button connected through the Hue Bridge and the Philips Hue integration
  • Light group configured in Home Assistant, which combines all lights you control in your scenes
  • At least one scene

Setup

1. Deconfigure your Smart Button in the Philips Hue App
    1.1. Go into the settings of the Smart Button and select Configure in an other app
  2. Check the Smart Button’s name
    2.1. You need to select the Button by it’s name
  3. Setup your light group
    3.1. A light group is needed for controling all the lights you use in your scenes → turns the lights off
    3.2. It also determines, wether the button turns on the lights on a short press, or it turns them off
    3.3. Tutorial here → link not available due to new user policy: search Light Group on the integrations page on the Home Assistant official website
  4. Setup the automation
  5. Done :partying_face:

Import the blueprint

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

Need to knows

• The button’s respondability
    • The button has two settings. Each is a compromise of the other.
      1. initial_press: The button responds very quickly → The lights tend to turn off and back on on a long press
      2. short_release: The button doesn’t trigger a turn off and turn on on a long press → responds rather slow

Hello, I import blueprint for that button and when try to make automation I don’t see device.
Regards.

@DerLev Try this one out if you can:

I added the support for 5 presses