Philips Hue will force users to upload their data to Hue cloud

Believe the bottom option for ‘share extended diagnostics was new? I just happened to check this view and they were enabled on all of my 3 bridges….

Good catch @Mariusthvdb, was the case as well on mine.
the bloody cheek…

Anyone still using the hue hub, but blocking internet access notice a degradation of service?
Mine just stops working completely after about a month. I have to power cycle it and then it works fine again…for about a month.
Only noticed this behavior after blocking internet access. Was fine for years prior.
Coincidence??

Might wanna check for a firmware update, that sounds like the firmware I had before the last. I also block & sink.

Has anyone been able to confirm if Hue Essentials will still work instead?

I’ve been saying this for yeas!!! But all the reddit fanboi’s wouldn’t listen, then went on to say I brought an IoT device so I shouldn’t expect it to work without internet.!!

Yes, mine has been rubbish since I isolated it from the internet years ago. Recently the app updated on my phone and I can’t even open it without been forced to accept their ^&^*& terms and conditions.

I just used the Signify webpage to demand deletion of all my data.

I’m starting the process to migrate everything from my Hue Bridge to my Zigbee2Mqtt network.

Ideally, someone could put Z2M on the hue bridge would be nice - so far my googling suggests people have gained root access, but literally nothing more.

Yes, I’ve delete the Hue App off my Android and Hue Essentials still works.

Not sure if this is what you’re referring to? diyhue.org

Sorry, not referring to diyHue. Referring to Hue Essentials operating with the Hue Bridge, without a Hue account or android Hue app.

A downside of using Hue Essentials is that the scenes you create there, are not available in Home Assistant. If the scenes are created under the official Hue App then, are selectable in Home assistant…

That is interesting. I literally just created one with the Essentials App. Reloaded the HA Hue integration, and could see the scene - however; it is unavailable with this error code below;

This entity is no longer being provided by the hue integration. If the entity is no longer in use, delete it in settings.

Tip! If thinking about moving your Zigbee based Hue devices away from the Philips Hue Bridge you should check out this community guide on migrating from Philips Hue Bridge to Home Assistent’s bilt-in native Zigbee Home Automation (ZHA) integration. This guide have been updated several times to improve it since the original posting to help make moving as easy as possible, and there are also discussions there about additional aspects of migation when want to move devices away from the Philips Hue Bridge, Hue app and the Hue integration to consolidate all Zigbee devices via the ZHA integration: