Pilight 433GPIO Broken with Latest Firmware for Raspberry Pi

Try this… try installing the regular version of pilight. I’m wondering if the regular version is installing items that the dev/nightly is not. Once the regular version installs (assuming it does), follow my guide to remove it and install the dev version.

That’s how I installed mine, as I had the regular version installed prior to updating to the 4.9 firmware that broke it.

For anyone having the issue with the missing libwiringx:

Just add the pilight repos and you can install the missing librarys
(steps 3&4 from https://manual.pilight.org/en/installation )

Awesome. I’ll update my original post to include these instructions.

I have Raspi 3 with HASSBIAN. I installed PILIGHT using this manual as a “root” user. In all other occasion I´m “pi” user. If I reboot raspberry PILIGHT doesnt start. I can start it as “root” but not as “pi” PILIGHT tells me it has no root privileges. Seems like I need to start this service as a root.

PLEASE HELP.

pi@hassbian:~ $ service pilight stop
Failed to stop pilight.service: The name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1 was not provided by any .service files
See system logs and ‘systemctl status pilight.service’ for details.

Any service start/stops require you to use ‘sudo’ privileges.

Try using: sudo service pilight stop

Yey, of course. But it seems the service doesn´t has privileges on startup. So after reboot the service is stopped. Anyway PLEASE. Some step-by-step manual for Pilight on Raspberry3? I need to connect 433MHz receiver and receive data from motion detector. Or some other way than Pilight?

I’m not sure exactly how to guide you, as I use the Pilight service for my installation. I’m wondering if your installation of Pilight somehow isn’t fully setup. I’d try removing it and reinstalling it again. The service should start on reboot.

I have seen certain instances of Pilight that “start up”, but aren’t actually working correctly after a reboot. Running the command “sudo service pilight restart” fixes the issue, but you’ll also have to restart HASS afterwards.

And I just noticed that they’ve released Pilight version 8. The original article was written for version 7, so it could be that you’re experiencing another issue. I haven’t personally tested version 8 yet.

After upgrading to Pilight 8.0, I can confirm that you no longer need to perform this process.