Platform: google_maps broken? gplus shut down effect maybe?

so, I was using the gplus custom component to get my family’s location from google maps and use it in home assistant. I’ve noticed, that it stopped working - and while we all know that google will kill google plus platform at april 2019, I thought I’ll just jump to the google_maps built in platform so maybe I’ll bypass this [thinking, that this break is a beginning of the end].

unfortunately, google_maps doesn’t work too.
hassio 0.83.3 install on RPi3 [update to 0.84 not yet visible in the frontend - and that’s good. I want to fix the location problem first]. platform configured correctly, cookie file deleted just to let hassio re-create it when needed, and after restar this is what I’ve got in the logs:

2018-12-12 19:20:47 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [locationsharinglib.Service] Could not open pickle file, either file does not exist or no read access.
2018-12-12 19:20:50 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Error setting up platform google_maps
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/__init__.py", line 184, in async_setup_platform
    disc_info)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/google_maps.py", line 46, in setup_scanner
    scanner = GoogleMapsScanner(hass, config, see)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/google_maps.py", line 66, in __init__
    self._update_info()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/google_maps.py", line 78, in _update_info
    for person in self.service.get_all_people():
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/locationsharinglib/locationsharinglib.py", line 465, in get_all_people
    people = self.get_shared_people() + [self.get_authenticated_person()]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/locationsharinglib/locationsharinglib.py", line 426, in get_shared_people
    for info in output[0]:
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

cookie file [a.k.a. pickle file] was indeed recreated. I checked access via accounts.google.com and there were no problems with my hassio’s gmail-location-account to login.

any ideas?

Ever find a solution to this? I have the same problem. I noticed I don’t have a python3.6 folder, do you?

well, I use hassos install, so I don’t have direct access to all folders - I didn’t even tried to search this [also because I didn’t changed anything when it broke down, so my deduction was “it’s not my fault, nothing changed on my side”].

as kind of temporary solution I used the one described in other topic - it is not perfect, as it creates very awful entity ids but right now works. I still wait for some better solution though

1 Like