Platform Legacy Error - Google Maps

I just started looking at how to install hass.io, but I’ll look into the component store.

1 Like

You would need python 3.7 installed on your Windows machine and then you can follow https://mapscookiegettercli.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html to install and https://mapscookiegettercli.readthedocs.io/en/latest/usage.html to use it.

2 Likes

Hi @dennyreiter Thank you for taking the effort to get this solved. I installed your custom component but get this error:
locationsharinglib.locationsharinglibexceptions.InvalidUser: /config/.google_maps_location_sharing.cookies.track_xxx_xx
I am using Gsuite so have my own domain. Should this work too? I created the loocation_sharing.cookies twice without different results.

I use mine with Gsuite, so it does work. Are you renaming the cookie with a slugified email address?

Yes I did rename it. From the error message I get it does find the file but can not find the user. Will try again this evening.

Found it, I was still running hass.io 95.4 which uses the older locationsharinglib. After update it works as expected. Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

Hi all

I’m trying to install mapscookiegettercli via pip3 on a LinuxMint environment

But I get this error during the installation process

ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
 command: /usr/bin/python3 -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-4rhaj3lu/mapscookiegettercli/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-4rhaj3lu/mapscookiegettercli/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' egg_info --egg-base pip-egg-info
     cwd: /tmp/pip-install-4rhaj3lu/mapscookiegettercli/
Complete output (3 lines):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named 'setuptools

ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: python setup.py egg_info Check the logs for full command output.

What can I check?

Thanks