Playing Spotify playlist on Sonos triggered by automation

@ismarslomic, did you ever figure this out? I’m getting the same thing.

Not yet, but I have created issue at Github which you could follow and contribute to: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/42538

This issue has been fixed in HA 0.118

Hi Anders, I was reading through all the stuff regarding your SONOS integration on HACS and would like to install this as well. Can’t find it in HACS anymore. Is it not available anymore?

Cheers
Roland

You no longer need a special version, it is now included in the core Home Assistant integration.

To be honest mate Spotify in Sonos isn’t great, all sorts of dropouts, and some days it just doesn’t work! Even though Sonos supports playing Spotify with free and premium accounts, you’re limited to six song skips per hour and you have to put up with irremovable ads on Spotify Free. So, to get Spotify unlimited services or have a better listening experience, here you could try AMusicSoft Spotify Music Converter to break all the limitations of Spotify Free. I have added multiple songs to my local Spotify music library, just turn to AMusicSoft Spotify Music Converter to download them to your local folder. Now I don’t have to play Spotify on Sonos via Bluetooth.

You can try “Music Assistant”. I believe it integrates with Sonos, and can directly stream Spotify/YouTube Music/Deezer, etc, as well as create device groups that allow grouped streaming of multiple devices that usually won’t play nice. I have, for instance, an alarm that starts a Spotify playlist on an Apple HomePod Mini, a Chromecast TV, and several Nest Hubs. The syncing is slightly off between the HomePod/Chromecast devices, but other than that it works fairly well. Still in beta, so bound to be some issues (this is Home Assistant we’re talking about here).

Hi there, as far as I know, there is still no official Spotify integration for Sonos via the Spotify API, and this limitation was known within the Sonos community. But I think you might consider using a service like IFTTT (If This Then That) to create custom automation that triggers Spotify playback on your Sonos speakers. Or using some third-party tools such as DumpMedia Spotify Music Converter, specializing in bridging gaps between different smart devices and services. They provide additional control and integration options.

This works really nice to play Spotify on my Symphonisk. Thanks

1 Like