Playstation 4/PS4 custom component

I will share again when I details out the configuration. To give some roughly idea below are the list of thing I used to accomplish the task.
Habridge, node-red, broadlink RM mini and Home Assistant and Fibaro HC2 (optional)

I’ve been reading that many PS4 consoles will disconnect from wifi once they’re in rest mode, and intermittently reconnect for updates etc. This seems to be more common in the PS4 Pro and even more specifically the Pro that came with the RDR2 bundle (that’s the model I have). I read that it’s mostly an issue on a 5ghz network, but I don’t want to switch to a 2.4ghz connection just to resolve this. I’ve tried all of the other troubleshooting steps I could find to resolve that issue, but as many others have found, there’s no current resolution. As @khengsoon mentioned, using an ethernet cable should resolve the issue, I’ve just not had a chance to run a new cable from my network switch yet.

I do have PS4 Pro, and specifically the RDR2 bundle. Mine is on the wired ethernet network and not wifi, so it’s not your wifi. I think I am stuck to pressing the PS button on the controller :slight_smile:

Yeah mine is wired as well so it’s not that. I think maybe they just have a general disconnecting problem, regardless of how it’s connected.

I wired my PS4 yesterday and it’s status has been displayed consistently in HA since then. Prior to that, when on wifi, it would show ‘Unknown’ after being in Rest Mode for just a few minutes. So, I guess it’s not the end-all solution, but it’s worked for me so far!

But can you wake up your ps4 from rest mode using the app or from HA?

Yes it seems to. I’m at work right now, but tapped the power button in HA for the PS4 and it went from ‘Off’ to 'Idle" then I waited a little bit and tapped the power button again and it went from ‘Idle’ back to ‘Off’.

Hello,

Any ideas why latest hassio tries to pull armv7 instead of armhf ?

[hassio.docker.interface] Can’t install vkorn/armv7-ps4waker:0.0.2 -> 404 Client Error: Not Found (“pull access denied for vkorn/armv7-ps4waker, repository does not exist or may require ‘docker login’”).

2 Likes

Hi,

Can someone point me towards some information on opening up the required ports for HA to use this on Hassbian? As per the component page:

The PlayStation 4 component requires the use of privileged ports to work correctly, specifically UDP port 987 and TCP port 997. Depending on your OS of your Home Assistant instance you may need to allow usage of privileged ports manually. Home Assistant installed on a Debian-type OS for example, such as Debian , Hassbian , Rassbian , and Armbian may require configuration.

and

Example for Debian: sudo setcap 'cap_net_bind_service=+ep' /usr/bin/python3.5 Replace “/usr/bin/python3.5” with your path to Python that is running Home Assistant.

This is honestly gibberish to me.

Wrong topic

I have the same problem, have you found a solution?

Its possible to send shell_command from hassio panel to this docker and run ps4-waker? From inside doker (using docker exec) everything working well but when i try run command using shell_command service i get “command undefined” :confused:

I’m trying to be hard core but I’m not there yet… So I’m stuck at “credentials needed”, where do I enter them? I’ve read some older threads on this but can’t figure out if the info valid anymore since the component is a part of the official release.

Thanks

Please help me out, i include my ps4 in Home Assistant. But when my ps4 is off i can´t wake them up. the entity is off and i can do nothing. I red the documentation and other forum post but i can´t find a solution.
Has anyone an idea ?

If your PS4 is off, it won’t respond because it’s off. This is by design.

Your PS4 needs to be in rest mode.

1 Like

Hi,
Is anyone else having trouble adding the repository?

19-04-26 16:03:08 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.addons.git] Clone add-on GitHub - vkorn/hassio-addons: Hass.io add-ons repository
19-04-26 16:03:11 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.addons.data] Can’t read /data/addons/git/e5829d31/devicelocator/config.json: required key not provided @ data[‘arch’]. Got None
19-04-26 16:03:11 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.addons.data] Can’t read /data/addons/git/e5829d31/configwatcher/config.json: required key not provided @ data[‘arch’]. Got None
19-04-26 16:03:11 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.addons.data] Can’t read /data/addons/git/e5829d31/ps4waker/config.json: required key not provided @ data[‘arch’]. Got None
19-04-26 16:03:11 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.addons.data] Can’t read /data/addons/git/e5829d31/appdaemon/config.json: required key not provided @ data[‘arch’]. Got None

edit:
nvm, forked it and added the required keys until the pull request is merged into master, if anyone else wants this in the meanwhile though:

I’m getting the following error, any thoughts? I went through the instructions twice with no luck.

2019-06-17 23:11:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Error while setting up platform ps4
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 126, in _async_setup_platform
SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 416, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/ps4/media_player.py”, line 83, in setup_platform
creds = config.data[CONF_TOKEN]
AttributeError: ‘collections.OrderedDict’ object has no attribute ‘data’

Hi. I am looking for a nice view to start apps and games n the ps4. am able to do it with a button-card but i would like to get the app/game cover art as icon or graphics on the buttons. anyone have an idea on how to do it.

Like, you want a selection of images and tap one to start?

yes that is what i would like. i am able to do it “manualy” and download all pics i need but i was wondering if it was possible to do it a bit smarter.