Playstation 4/PS4 custom component

This is broken for me too. The component no longer changes media or controls the sleep state.

Hello all,

I have a little problem and a bit new to home assistant. Have everything running as i would like to run but got a problem with the ps4 component.

If i use it in groups it wont show in a separte card/topic view. if i disable mmmm i see it working and see the game art etcā€¦

How do i get it to work in a separte view?

EDIT :slightly_smiling_face:

Have found the solution to my problem i changed the .ps4-wake.playstaion.credentials.json to .ps4-wake.erwin.credentials.json and needed to use - media_player.erwinps4 in groups.

Hi guys thanks for the great help got everything is working, but iā€™m trying now to make an automation to make my philips hue to change a certain color when i start a game and iā€™m not sure how to set the trigger for that? any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

so ive come across a few issues, and im wondering if anyone can help meā€¦ Ive created a script that switches the input to a specific game (fortnite in this case) and it works when the ps4 has been turned on. but if the ps4 is turned off, all it does is turn the ps4 onā€¦ im thinking maybe its a delay issue?

Another issue, when in a game, i cant switch to another game, as it asks if i want to quit the current game on screen.

Any ideas how i can overcome these issues?

Thanks
Gershy13

It s been a while since i had this installed. If i rember it right the ps4 needs to be in sleep mode and not completely off. Don t remember if there was a workaroundā€¦

Yes the PS4 is in rest modeā€¦ Didnā€™t work tho

Will this ever be implemented in to HA
Also do the steps that were posted a month back still work?

It can only be implemented in to HA when/if the python version of ps4-wake is finished. Think there has been a stall on that project for the time being though.

Try to use a shell command for example:

action:
service: shell_command.fortnite

fortnite: 'ps4-waker start CU******* -d 192.168.1.100 -c /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/ps4-wake.credentials.json'

its semi working for me with ha

the script i setup works, but only when the ps4 is onā€¦ im thinking its a delay issueā€¦

I have problem with component and RESTwrapper.
I can turn off PS4 or change ā€œgameā€ but when i put ps4 in standby i have a lot of errors and canā€™t turn on:

Failed to call info: {ā€œstatusā€:ā€œCould not detect any matching PS4 deviceā€}

I see it 3 times on a minute

Hello, Iā€™ve a problem with the component. I can see games and status of PS4, but canā€™t send any command. From ps4-waker and command line it works fine. It seems that the module doesnā€™t call ps4-waker to do the job. Can you help me ? Thank you!

Hello, it has been a while that I installed this component and evertything works. However HomeAssistant shows very frequently the following errors

2018-06-21 11:30:19 ERROR (Thread-10) [pyps4.ddp] failed to send data using socket, timed out
2018-06-21 12:00:21 ERROR (Thread-6) [pyps4.ddp] failed to send data using socket, timed out

Does this have to do with hass or ps4 waker? And what can I do to fix it?

My logfile gets flooded with

failed to send data using socket, timed out 1:02 PM deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pyps4/ddp.py (ERROR)

when the PS4 is off. How do disable logging on (this) custom component ?

Hello,

I have installed this component on 0.72.1 version, and it seems broken.

I have no logs, and no actions are working. I have correctly defined my credentials & games files.

I have the ps4 media_player in my haas interface.
The component state and games is updated if I launch from my gamepad.

ps4-waker is working with home-assistant user. (I have a shell_command for now to make it work)

here is my config :

- platform: ps4
  host: 192.168.1.26
  cmd: 'sudo /usr/local/bin/ps4-waker'
  filename: '/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/.ps4-wake.credentials.json'
  games_filename: '/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/.ps4-games.json'

Any idea I can fix this issue ?

I canā€™t get game art on hassio, anyone with the same problem?

You can try by

1. put .ps4-wake.credentials.json and .ps4-games.json in www folder in home-assistant directory.

and then
filename: ā€˜/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/www/.ps4-wake.credentials.jsonā€™
games_filename: ā€˜/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/www/.ps4-games.jsonā€™

or

filename: ā€˜ps4-wake.credentials.jsonā€™ # check if your json file is with or without . in front
games_filename: ā€˜ps4-games.jsonā€™

It doesnā€™t help, I have the same issue.

I have set debug logs for media_player, but I have no logs.

+ homeassistant.components.media_player: debug .. 2018-07-05 21:27:56 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Setting up media_player.ps4

I have no more informations :confused:

Just saying that I love this component.

Hmm have you tried having this committed into Home Assistant your documentation is easy to follow.