Please help: two days of suffering with this IR transmitter circuit. I'm going nuts

@sayadote I haven’t yet, got sucked other stuff (some stressful sandwich-years family stuff).

But, what I did ascertain was that my IR receiver - which is a bog-standard IR receiver of the kind that comes in kits - probably doesn’t really receive 38kHz. It’s more like 37.9 - which is probably fine for most things, but may make a difference in some cases.

I dug through some catalogues and ordered a few different pro-grade receivers, which are very definitely 38kHz receivers (and some odd ones just for kicks), and they’ve now arrived. So when I finally get some free time, I will do some tests and see if using different receivers makes a difference.

@sayadote, I finally have this working, thanks to help from @glmnet. Here is the solution.

First, there was a problem with how I was reading the code. It was necessary to invert the pin the receiver was connected to. With the pin inverted, codes from all remotes were reading correctly.

But, while my receiver could read an old Samsung remote correctly, it was still reading the fan remote wrong: it identified it as rc_switch_raw. @glmnet suggested forcing the receiver to read only raw codes, so, where you would normally put dump: all, you now put dump: raw.

That gave me a raw code I could use.

My first attempt to transmit it failed, but, by manually setting the carrier_frequency to 38kHz (the frequency of my fan remote, I finally managed to successfully transmit the codes. IT WORKS!

1 Like

Thanks so much @DeeBeeKay an @glmnet. Thanks to those tips I’ve now got mine working too!

1 Like

This thread helped me. I got the sony AVR working fairly easily then got stuck on the Hisense TV. Just needed the “carrier_frequency: 38kHz”. Thanks for the write up. :smiley:

1 Like