Plex Play Media (Movie, TV Show, Playlist)

Thanks for adding the functionality to play playlists on Sonos - it works great.

But I do see differences in the media player control card when playing a playlist depending on whether I’m using a Google Home speaker or a Sonos speaker.

When using a Sonos speaker (bottom image) I get PREV and NEXT buttons and it displays album artwork, which is great. However, when using a Google Home speaker, I do not see PREV and NEXT buttons and the album artwork is not displayed. Would it be possible improve this so it works the same on both?
Development-Home-Assistant

That’s a Cast media_player entity and it would be up to that integration to support track skipping (if possible).

Thanks for the reply. I wasn’t sure where the dependency was.

Just to follow up on track skipping. The cast media_player entity definitely already supports track skipping. I get the prev and next buttons when I send it a YouTube music playlist
Development-Home-Assistant2

Tested locally and it seems to be a current limitation with the Plex Chromecast app. Casting from a native Plex app behaves the same way where skipping through tracks using a “plain” Chromecast controller app is not possible. You can test with the Google Home mobile app to confirm.

Got it. Thanks. I see the same behaviour. So I guess the route forward is to take it up with Plex?

In case anyone else is interested, I raised it here https://forums.plex.tv/t/unable-to-skip-tracks-from-smart-display-when-casting-to-chromecast/691655

I was just looking at the same issue - I don’t have next/previous media controls when casting from Plex to Google Home Mini. I’ve checked the raised post at plex forums and it doesn’t have any activity.
Since this thread is without activity also from February I would like to ask how you guys finished your media player integrations? Did you switch your music from Plex to some other “platform” which has better integration?
Thanks!