PlexDevices - Custom Media Player Component

Unfortunately not.
It’s made it worse. One of my players shows as idle constantly now.

Thanks, just about figured out HA logs now.

Looks like with the discovery/configurator its trying to connect to the server without a port.

Manually specifying it in plex.conf works.

This it work with a remote server? I would think it should not matter, but i set everything correctly but it does not work. I had log details high and i saw which url’s it was trying to contact. When i did a curl on those url’s i got back a nice json reply from all calls but yet nothing in hass. Are there any other things i should check?

Change SSL to perfered on your plex server.

I tried that too, its still on preferred. No luck, but like i said if i curl the lines that i see in my logs i get a reply, so i don’t know why that doesn’t seem to work. Don’t know how to troubleshoot further.

Ah, since it was a TV or a webclient it doesn’t allow controls, so i had to set it to yes to show the clients at least. Now i can at least see something only to find out that if i stop it and see in the sessions no more clients, the last playing series/movie is still showing as playing. So now i have 2 playing players while they are both not running anymore. Am i missing something for it to remove itself/refresh?

For some reason my Plex players no longer show up when I restart HA. I checked to see if my token changed, but it’s still the same. Is there anything else I should troubleshoot or should I delete the Plex config and try adding and configuring again? Is this expected behaviour?

It’s also weird because if I log into Plex server I get these that show up.

media_player.plex_web_safari
media_player.plex_web_safari_2
media_player.plex_web_safari_3

But none of my actual players such as on a Roku, Apple TV, or Samsung TV show up like they used to. I tried deleting and repairing the devices yet nothing. Any ideas?

almost looks as if you have use_custom_entity_ids to true… but i doubt thats it…

anyone else experiening seeing everything that was playing since start (it just grows and grows with pictures of media/players)

Ok so I figured out what happened. I added the line in my config include_non_clients: true and they all came back. Seems like they are not able to be controlled anymore. Not sure what changed but they are all considered non clients now??

Well i had that from the start, not seeing anything, adding the non clients helped show something, but do your items disappear if people stop watching (@Jer78) , last time i had 12 series on my homescreen :slight_smile:

I’ve a bug, and this is using Apple TV. The state playing/paused is working as long as you actively pause or play a movie or a show. But if I exit a show, or the show ends the status is still set to playing even hours after I exited/ended the show.

Does anybody else experience this?

You did see my message above your message right?

I just read it, did you find any solution or suspect what the problem is?

Nope, i think that @JesseWebDotCom might be of help, don’t know if he’s on vacation or anything :slight_smile: its nice weather these days…

I haven’t looked into the code but it seems to only register play/pause event. Like a button event, but it doesn’t register the actual status of the movie.The method of registering the status of the movie maybe needs to be redefined to get the actual state from plex rather then button events.

Did it work for you in the past? Maybe there was a server update that made some api changes?

I’m not sure if it worked well before. I added the component recently and I don’t think I watch a complete movie. I tested only to play/pause it.

What I noticed was that after paused then exiting, the state was set to paused…supporting my theory about it only changes status based on play/pause button event. Again, my experience is limited with the component.

Heck I can’t even get this nor the original Plex working. Plex sensor works fine, but neither of these show anything in states.

I’ve tried this on two different installations with no luck. I see the connections being made to http://<server_hostname>:32400/clients?X-Plex-Token=<token> but the entity is never created. Tested while playing on various clients.

I’ve also checked the URL manually and it resolves, but always with an empty response:

`$ curl http://<server_hostname>:32400/clients?X-Plex-Token=

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> `

Has the API changed, or am I missing something obvious?