Plotly interactive Graph Card

In the github repository. That’s where all the documentation resides:

Hi all.

Have a sensor here provided as is from my solar charger. It resets in the night a begin to increase through the day.

I try to generate a graph but no success:
here is my code:

type: custom:plotly-graph
entities:
  - entity: sensor.total_yield_today
    type: bar
    statistic: state
    period: hour
hours_to_show: current_day
refresh_interval: 10
time_offset: 1h

My graph is blank.

Hi there!
Not all statistics are available for all sensor classes. Try mean and sum. You can always check in the standard home assistant statistics card to be sure the data is actually there before debugging your plotly card yaml

Hi. Thank you for your answer.
You are right - this entity was not marked for statistics.

I’m trying to recreate the following in plotly

I’ve got this far:

How can I create a verticle line for the sunrise and sunset annotation on the x axis?
And how can I add the same entity with yesterdays values (ie. a time delta of -24h)?

entities:
  - entity: sensor.myenergi_the_willows_power_generation
    name: Solar
    line:
      color: yellow
      shape: spline
    show_value: true
hours_to_show: current_day
title: Solar generation today
defaults:
  rangemode: tozero
  entity:
    showlegend: false
    fill: tozeroy
    fillcolor: light
    line:
      width: 1
    filters:
      - resample: 5m
layout:
  height: 200
  yaxis:
    fixedrange: true
    title: Watts
    range:
  annotations:
    - text: Sunrise ☉
      x: >-
        $fn ({hass}) => new
        Date(hass.states['input_datetime.sun_today_dawn'].state).getTime()
      textangle: -90
      yanchor: bottom
      showarrow: false
    - text: Sunset ☾
      x: >-
        $fn ({hass}) => new
        Date(hass.states['input_datetime.sun_today_dusk'].state).getTime()
      textangle: -90
      yanchor: bottom
      showarrow: false

I see two options:

I have several plotly cards with very similar config. Is there a technique to define hours_to_show, defaults, layout and other YAML config in one place and have the plotly card merge it in?

Similar to the concept of config_templates into GitHub - RomRider/apexcharts-card: 📈 A Lovelace card to display advanced graphs and charts based on ApexChartsJS for Home Assistant

There isn’t but it is a great idea!
The only way I can think of at the moment is to do ot with $ex. There may be a way to fetch that global config from the hass object

Feel free to make a feature request issue in the repository and I’ll pick it up when I make a new release

Thank you for considering this - Card template configuration · Issue #414 · dbuezas/lovelace-plotly-graph-card · GitHub

1 Like

Hi, once again thx for the support :clap:. In the meantime I tried some things to get it running but unfortunately I still didn’t succeed in setting this up correctly. Is there any example I can refer to?
It would be absolutely amazing to see the 5min details for long term statistics during the recording period (last 10 days) in a 24h view layout. For older days ( > 11 days ago) then you just see the 1h long term statistics data which is recorded for an infinite time.
I fully understand you don’t support setting up the config of functions, so certainly no worries. It’s just a question :slight_smile:

I created this example for you now: Combined statistics and short term history · dbuezas/lovelace-plotly-graph-card · Discussion #415 · GitHub

1 Like

I want plot graph of energy consumption.
When I create easy graph:

entities:
  - entity: sensor.victron1_consumptionpowerl1
hours_to_show: 12h

it works perfectly, but the graph is unsmoothed. I want smooth the graph. I tried to add parammeters “statistics” and “periods”:

entities:
  - entity: sensor.victron1_consumptionpowerl1
    statistics: mean
    period: 5minute
hours_to_show: 12h

but when I add those parameters, graph dissapear - there is no graph. I don’t understand why, because I supposed, “statistics” and “peirod” parameters should calculate 5min average of values. Or am I wrong? How to calculate average values to smooth the graph?

I found post for calculate average, but it uses “lambda”, which is deprecated and I didn’t find any example, how to do it by “filter”.

Try with the sliding_window_moving_average filter.
The documentation is in the GitHub repo

Is it possible to not show the entity names?

Google “how to hide legend ploylyjs”

1 Like

Thank you for the nice card.
I´m really new to this card and read some of the posts here and already found some answers but i still have some.

• Is there a solution of the overlapping values? Or get the values on the legend?
  • If i add the fill value the graph starts by 0 on the yaxis if i remove this the value is more “flexible”
Code
entities:
  - entity: sensor.balkon_wetter_temperature
    name: Balkon
    statistic: max
    period: auto
    line:
      color: '#3e95cd'
      width: 1.5
  - entity: sensor.balkon_strasse_wetter_temperature
    name: Balkon Straße
    statistic: max
    period: auto
    line:
      color: rgb(96, 125, 139)
      width: 1.5
color_scheme: dutch_field
hours_to_show: 24
autorange_after_scroll: true
title: Außen Temperatur
logarithmic_scale: false
layout:
  margin:
    r: 60
  hovermode: x unified
defaults:
  entity:
    show_value: true
    line:
      shape: spline

For value in legend see here: Precision in the name (value) · dbuezas/lovelace-plotly-graph-card · Discussion #361 · GitHub

Is there a way to set the min y range but having max y range auto?

Something like:

entities:
  - entity: sensor.openweathermap_wind_bearing
layout:
  yaxis:
    range:
      - **auto**
    fixedrange: true

hey,

I have what i hope are 2 quick questions.

1. Is it possible to have a plot card in a sidebar view which is tall? i’m currently trying to set the height in layout, but the card doesn’t expand beyond 450px

2. Is it possible to have yaxis, and yxas1 share the same 0 point but otherwise be independantly scaled/sized?