Plugwise core and custom_component

After resetting a Circle it should automatically join. As described here Plugwise core and custom_component - #7 by brefra

If they are not automatically added, they have not been reset properly, they are not in range, or they are not compatible (too old firmware?).

1 Like

Do I understand you post correctly that it is possible to add both, the legacy plugs with USB stick as well as the new network Smile with Anna thermostat, to my Plugwise beta custom component (v0.33.0)?

Yes, that’s correct. You just add the Plugwise-beta integration two times: one time configured for the Anna, and one more time configured for the USB Stick.

Thanks, turned out pairing worked great, but a few plugs just won’t reset anymore, no matter what I try. Guess they’re just useless then… Still pretty happy that I got the others to work, didn’t expect to find anything that would still support them. Thanks for all the work y’all put in!

Hi everyone,

Im kinda new to this. I thought that via the Plugwise beta app, it would be possible to communicatie to a Plugwise Adam HA via a normal zigbee controller on home assistant (i have a Sonoff ZigBee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus ).

If i want to control a plugwise Adam, via Zigbee (MQTT), do i need 2 plugwise sticks? (One USB stick in the Adam, and one for HA?)

I have tried the above options but both give me an error:

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yes, with Plugwise-beta you can communicate with the Adam, this is done via the Wifi- or Ethernet-network, not via Zigbee.
The Adam itself communicates via Zigbee to the connected wireless devices like Lisa’s, Tom’s, Floor’s, and Plugs.

So choose the network-option in PW-beta, and know the IP address of your Adam, and the Smile ID (needed as password).

Oke thank you, that makes sense. I have it working trough ethernet.

For my own understandig, if i read through this forum:

• The plugwise beta USB functionality, is for plugging a plugwise stick to home assistant, and reading/controlling e.g. Plugwise Circles?

I bought an Adam HA, hoping to read/control it trough Zigbee / homeassistant with a Sonoff USB dongle. This to have all my smart home/ zone heating components on Zigbee and not on Wifi / Ethernet. But if i understand correctly this is not (yet?) possible. with the Adam.

Hi,

I posted a comment on an issue on GitHub about a memory leak in the code. Anyone else using USB Stick and have Rpi crashes? ¡ Issue #312 ¡ plugwise/plugwise-beta ¡ GitHub

is there anything I can help to debug?

My system:

• Nuc 8 i5 with 32 GB memory, 8GB assigned to Home Assistant
  • Home Assistant Operating System
  • latest versions
  • Plugwise Stick with USB connected to the VM
  • 18 circles
  • Debugging turned off (to prevent lots of writes in the log files)

Graph where you can see when plugwise is enabled and where not…

Great. It works perfect. Thanks

Yes, Plugwise-Beta also supports the Stick, next to supporting the Anna, Adam and P1.

And no, Adam works only via WiFi/Ethernet. And I don’t think it will ever be connectable via Zigbee, as there is no benefit for Plugwise in doing that: the Plugwise App will then no longer work. Also, you will not be able to use the Plugwise App when you are outside your home network.

Oke thank you very much.
I wanted the Adam to be controlled without cloud stuff, so i just blocked internet acces for the Adam, en let Home Assistant control the Adam locally trought Plugwise Beta.

Hi,

Latest beta has the same memory leak :frowning:

Yes correct. The recent updates were all NOT related to the Stick.

@bouwew thanx for the reply, any idea when the memory leak is fixed. Can I help to find it?

Sorry, no idea, I know that @brefa is working on a large update for the Stick-related code but I have no idea about when to expect a release with that code.

It looks like the memory-leak is Raspberry Pi related, I’m running the Stick-code too but in a Proxmox VM and I see no memory-leak.

I use VMware ESXi with Home Assistant Operating System as VM and I have the same issue with me memory leak! So it is maybe Home Assistant Operating System related?

Is there a way to write values to sensor.adam_outdoor_temperature ?
I try to do this because i have denied internet acces for my Plugwise Adam.

Trough this i hope to benefit from the outdoor temp. without exposing the adam to internet.

Thanks.

No, not possible to set the value manually.

@herwinjs Please install and test plugwise-beta v0.34.6b0 (visible via show-beta in HACS).
Does this version solve the memory-leak you reported?

The new version is running, keep you posted!