Plugwise: set schedule

Please look at what’s happening on the Plugwise App. That will show you what’s really happening.
Please note: plugwise in HA Core updates once a minute. So if the change in setpoint is not immediately shown, it can take up to one minute before the setpoint is being updated to the value that is shown on the Plugwise App.

Tested another theory:

I changed the setpoints in my schedule to a ‘custom’ one instead of one of the scenes. If I immediately go the the thermostat in the plugwise interface I can see what happens.

1. Plugwise sets it to the home setpoint
  2. Plugwise sets it to the custom setpoint after a second or 2

However, if you have a scene as the most recent previous setpoint, plugwise doesn’t do step 2…

The plugwise-beta integration might be doing something wrong. I’ve just found out how I can change the schedule for a thermostat on the Plugwise App. Later tonight, I will capture the related http-traffic to find out if the way we change a schedule, is correct.

I can confirm, the plugwise code is not working for the Adam when changing schedules. Work is ongoing to get it fixed. Might take a while though…

@sophof everything should be working in v0.22.0.
Please test :slight_smile:

Also, if you still do not see the correct setpoint values a few seconds after a change, try changing the parameter cooldown in the file coordinator.py to 3.0.

A quick note that this ValueError: Option not valid for is not Plugwise specific. I get it on Selects implemented by ESPHome too. It appeared rather recently and I think it’s caused by Lovelace interface when trying to access the dashboard, the select doesn’t populate yet with options but already tries to set a value or similar.

That sounds quiet reasonable - I don’t have anything else with selects (yet)

@robi Yes, that was our conclusion too.
It looks like the select.select_option service is executed without an option being present.

Sorry, I didn’t have time to test until now. For me it only seems to work reliably with a debounce of 5. Checking the plugwise interface at the same time, it appears the adam is very slow to react. The adam has a pretty bad connection to my wifi, I’m guessing due to interference, so this can maybe be a reason?

In addition, I’m having some weird behaviour still working with schedules (different from the empty value issue). I’m trying to create an automation that switches yo away when noone is home. Then, if HVAC is on auto, set it to heat under certain conditions to disable the scheduling.

However, it always fails that check even though the device screen shows correctly it being on auto. If I remove the check it does correctly set to auto. The reverse is also true for coming home.

I also still have the issue that once a schedule is enabled (either by switching schedules or setting HVAC to auto) that the wrong setpoint is chosen.

Debounce is 5: yes, I see the same, my Adam (on a good wifi connection) is also sometimes slow to react.

Wrong setpoint: I see that too sometimes, also on the Plugwise App. So that’s a plugwise issue.

However, it always fails that check: be aware that schedules and presets are not the same. Also, what check do you mean?

I tried to condense it a bit too much maybe ;). The point is that for some reason the check on HVAC mode (auto or heat in my case) doesn’t seem to work properly. If I set up a condition in a automation on a certain HVAC mode, the condition incorrectly fails in my automation. The part about presets was just to give some context about what I was trying to do (sometimes I want to disable the schedule entirely, sometimes I just want to change the preset until the next change in the schedule).

Ok, yes the programming of automations can be troublesome sometimes.

Are you aware the HA has a nice helper for this?
Please look at Developer Tools → Template (Ontwikkelhulpmiddelen → Sjablonen).
You can type out the template you are trying to create in the Editor-window on the left and see the result in the Result-window on the right.

I’m a bit unclear on the current status, is this now merged into the main branch of the beta? Or even into home assistant? I don’t dare to change versions right now.

Yes, changing schedules is now supported in both Plugwise-beta and in Core Plugwise.

Thanks, does it also contain the debounce of 5s? Sorry, I can’t seem to find the changelog.

No, it doesn’t. We were advised by a Core dev to not set the number that high.

Oh, that’s a shame, it really didn’t work properly without that setting for me :frowning:

I’ll set cooldown to 5.0 in v0.23.0

@sophof In the just released plugwise-beta v0.23.0 the Frontend refresh time can be changed via the CONFIGURE button, see Release Smile: various backend updates, bugfixes & changes · plugwise/plugwise-beta · GitHub

1 Like