POE Adapter for Home Assistant Yellow KIT POE

Hello all,
I got my Yellow-Kit-POE.
i also have a POE Adapter, but am not sure if my adapter is compatible.

Here is picture of my Adapters.

I think my POE adapter is a Passive POE.
Can anyone help me if this adapter is compatible with Yellow-Kit-POE ?

thank you.

Hm… i doubt that it’s passive, since it’s clearly stated “48V (0.5A)”, also official site says nothing about being passive…
why not just try and see if it works?

ya defined I want to try it out. But am bit worried if it is incompatible and spoils the board … ? I hope protection is considered in HW.

Without an actual model number i can only guess its the POE48-24W-G
This model is a passive POE adapter as it will just push that voltage without a handshake.

Thats the Poe af/at/bt standard that handles that, with it being a passive injector it will just push out that voltage without safety.

Having said that, we use that injector with POE af/at devices and it works. Just consider that an Active POE supply will be “safer”

1 Like

IF HA yellow is stated for 48V poe (which it is, i guess) than you can’t burn anything… either it will work or it won’t. power pins on RJ45 connector are the same on both models.
Some companies (like ubiyuiti on some models) have 24V poe system, but yellow has stated:

• Ethernet: PoE+ IEEE 802.3at-2009 Class 3 or 4 (selectable via jumper)

so it’s clearly 48V

1 Like

Thanks for the hint. I think should be safe

POE+ voltage range is always from 42 to 57, so it should be safe. I will try it out today.

1 Like

Posting an update.

I have powered the Yellow board with mentioned PoE adapter and it works nothing is fried …:wink:

1 Like