Polyaire Air Touch 2 or 3

You need to add the custom repository to HACS, restart, the “add integration” though HA

1 Like

All working now…had a bit of a brain fart!

All installed but when I enter the IP of the airtouch 2, I get ‘failed to connect’. To confirm, I have a Airtouch2+ Any ideas?

Not sure this will work with the 2+, maybe ask nathanvdh on GitHub.

IP is definitely correct?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Yes, IP definitely correct. I wasn’t able to find an ‘airtouch 2’ model. Did it ever exist? I did notice there is an Airtouch 5 out now though! I have messaged Nathan directly.

Airtouch 2 control unit? Airtouch 2 was the latest and greatest when I installed.

There is working solutions for Airtouch 3 and 4. Have you tried either of them?

Seeing as most of the people I’ve interacted with do NOT have the ‘QUIET’ fan speed I’d like someone WITH it to produce a dump for me as described here: Fan speed miss match · Issue #2 · nathanvdh/homeassistant-airtouch2 · GitHub

This will help narrow down where in the response message this information is stored as I’m struggling to find it at the moment.

@Radebe2k perhaps you would be able to? It’s thanks to you I have the most significant pieces of the protocol already, thank you.

So stoked i can finally connect my AT2!!
Though I’ve run in to an issue, it wont pull he current temp, any idea on how to fix this

Please post logs, can’t help without any more information.

I think I’m a bit out of my depth here, but i couldnt find anything in the logs, unless im looking in the wrong place.
I’ve also linked a PCAP file on the the fan speed issue if that helps.

Cheers for the props @bignacho on here and commented in your code :wink:

I don’t have the Quiet mode option,that may be only applicable to other manufacturers other than my Panasonic unit, so it may only come up on the app or screen dependant on the configuration of the unit, or indeed as there are multiple physical interface units for different manufacturers the screen may detect that and display other button configurations.

I just like that I can trigger the Google devices to announce a message if a door is open when the system is turned on, then 5 mins later shut the AC off if the doors are not closed.

I have automated my passive aggression!

I’ve been having everyone send me packet captures to try and locate where the support for the Quiet mode is in the message but I’m pretty stumped at the moment…I can’t seem to find anything that’s common to everyone else (without Quiet support) and different to my own. I may have to give up and just make people specify in a config whether their unit supports Quiet mode or not. If you’re able to send me a dump I’d appreciate it, the more data I can look at the better. Also do you have any more knowledge of the missing parts in your response message spreadsheet? Cheers.

Did you ever get this up and running? The log is just saying it can’t connect to the IP address you provided…so something isn’t working… could just be network related. Also do you definitely have airtouch 2 and not airtouch 2 plus?

@Radebe2k forgot to mention/reply so just making sure you see this.

yeah it started working after i did updates, wasn’t paying much attention to what update actually got it working, was either the integration or core 10.5
Yeah definitely have AT2

How have people dealt with the speed (being used as damper open value) for zone control?

I have an automation which chooses an action based on an input_number slider, one which evaluates if the value of that slider is 0 then calls the fan.turn_off service with the target of the zone (eg fan.office) as created by the intergration, another one checks if the value is not 0 then calls the fan.turn on service like above. This works ok for turning the zone on and off but, I cant seem to get it to set the percentage after turning on to the vlue of the slider, just opening to the last value on the controller, I have a template that gets the value of the slider but even in YAML mode the templalte doesn’t stick.

It’s a little annoying cos when you access the zone entity pop-up card the speed setting is right there as a slider that works really nicely (apart form going to 0 which leaves the zone on and at the last value).

So far i’ve seen stuff related to running scripts, template fans or other stuff but it seems a little excessively complicated to transfer a simple integer value

Are you using my integration?

This works quite nicely for setting the damper with a slider:

Also I’m not quite sure what you’re saying about turning off and on and the damper value - can you clarify and let me know if there’s something you think I should do differently in the integration? Thanks.

Yep I am, impressive work.

Looks like i had to reload the card mods plugin above you mentioned, it was there but it wasnt recognised or had some other issue, so it removed and resintalled in through HACS and it’s all good to go!

Moral of the story “turn if off and on again”

Because I know some airtouch2+ folks follow this thread:
I’ve implemented the fundamentals of the spec (no groups/zones support yet) but its completely untested, see my post here if you’d please like to test it out:

1 Like