Portainer issue with creation of new container

I have the same problem, I’ve tried:

deepquestai/deepstack
and
deepquestai/deepstack:latest

but both failed.
I’ve tried to pull the same image in a docker environment inside Ubuntu and it works fine.

It is a 3.5GB images, may be it is a disk space problem. I don’t know how it handle disk space or even check it.
But I can’t solve the problem in Portainer. I wish I could.

1 Like

I have enough of free space on the hd…

Same bug here as well. I cannot search for any container that isn’t already installed by Hassio. It’s as if everything is blacklisted.

I think you’re right… Maybe Frenck can help us!?! :smiley:

Ah for more information, I’am running hassio as a virtual machine on a NUC Proxmox server.

I solved the problem :star_struck: bypassing pulling the image from portainer.
You have to acces in hassio command line and type “login” now you are in the system command line.
After that with a pull command you simply pull the image to docker from here:

docker pull deepquestai/deepstack

When the download is finished, you return in portainer grafic interface and you have this image in image section. Now you can deploy it from here.

Remember if you use proxmox, you need to change the Processor Type in IvyBridge, otherwise the deepstack doesn’t work!!

6 Likes

Thanks I may give that a try later. There still should he a reason why it can’t be done in portainer. @frenck is there something stupid and obvious we are missing?

Thanks @mr-varga. It works for me too.

Why does the CPU need to be set to IvyBridge? I think it should run on any CPU that is IvyBridge or newer. In my case my proxmox server is currently i7 940 that is too old to run deepstack. Haven’t had a chance to test it on a newer proxmox server yet.

In my case on my NUC if the processor type was default the deepstack doesn’t work. I have to put it on IvyBridge.

Dumb question. How does one access the command line? I tried the Terminal&SSH add-on but typing login results in core-ssh login: I don’t think that’s what I want? If I try to run the docker pull command from the root menu, I get bash: docker: command not found

Edit: I just uninstalled Terminal & SSH and installed SSH & Web Terminal. It worked like a charm

1 Like

I really doubted that changing of the CPU. Last night I installed Proxmox on a Haswell CPU which is one generation newer than IvyBridge and I can confirm that I do need to set compatibility back to IvyBridge for it to work. Weird.

Thanks @mr-varga that worked perfectly. Still would like to know why the normal way doesn’t work but going through console did.

Does anyone know if the deepstack portainer will be kept up to date automatically or do I need to do a manual pull every once in a while?

-Cheers,

Hello.

I tried this process here, but when typing “login” you are prompted for a login and password. I’ve tried several options and I can’t connect. What did you do?

Got it. I was trying via SSH. Connect a keyboard and monitor without intel NUC and do the process that you guided and it worked.

Thank you.

Hello,

Dumb Question, I successfully pulled via the CLI, I can see the image in the gui. What is next? how can I deploy it? I went back to the container tab trying to deploy it, but gave me the same error that not found.

Can anybody help me?

Install SSH & Web Terminal add on open the web ui for the add on
type login and once inside the hassio
run the command

docker pull deepquestai/deepstack

after this finishes running, its 3.5gb so takes a little bit .

then run

docker run --restart=always -e VISION-DETECTION=True -v localstorage:/datastore -p 81:5000 --name deepstack deepquestai/deepstack

it worked for me by running the command instead of deploying thru web GUI of portainer
Show less

I know this thread is a little old but found this trying to follow the hookup

https://www.thesmarthomehookup.com/the-ultimate-home-surveillance-system-free-local-ai-person-detection/

all goes well until I try to install deepquestai/deepstack:latest under portainer

I can fill all the bit except under the “volume” tab “map additional volume” I type in /datastore but there are no options in the dropdown. Instructions say to select “localstorage – local”

Am I missing something I have tried it on both a new virtual machine install and my old RPi3 setup same issue on both.

I have also tried to deploy selecting nothing but it doesn’t work

Firs you have to create a new volume called “localstorage” in volumes tab.

So, I am finally getting around to this. Trying to install DeepStack on a new container on the Blue hardware. I can download the DeepStack image successfully, and configure it as Rob showed - but my new DeepStack container is caught in restart loop forever. It shows “standard_init_linux.go:219: exec user process caused: exec format error”. Any ideas?