PostNL Integration

Hi, I’ve also a problem with de default component postnl. Added it a while ago, but see only the Sensor.postnl. Not the delivery or others. Is that normal? Or how can i fix that?
I also have a message “You have not include MomentJS” which dissapear after some seconds.

It’s a custom postnl component :wink:

[EDIT:] After a reboot it’s working now! :slight_smile:

Ok thanks. I did not make the postnl folder inside custom components. Now i get another error:

2019-05-28 08:22:07 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Error while setting up platform postnl
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 126, in _async_setup_platform
SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 416, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/config/custom_components/postnl/sensor.py”, line 34, in setup_platform
from postnlpy.postnlapi import PostnlApi
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘postnlpy’

@eh50 The double one is one for deliveries and one for submissions. If you are not submitting any packages, just remove the distribution part from the lovelace configuration.

@Clubeddie Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I cannot help you with that case.

@Purejet Sure all 3 files are in the custom component directory?

I’ll make a temporarily repository for the custom component to hopefully lessen the issues people have installing it :slight_smile:

Someone who has already built an “there is coming post” automation? Or ideas how you could best build the trigger?

Fixed issue, PiHole was creating a loophole. Start rebuilding my installation with this lovely addon!

1 Like

UPDATE

I’ve just released version 0.10.0. This release doesn’t contain any new features, just:
A) some code cleanup.
B) MomentJS is included by default, so you can remove the separate package (unless a different package uses it)
C) It also now supports HACS: https://custom-components.github.io/hacs/

This also means that I no longer can check how the custom_updater works, since it’s not compatible with HACS. So please let me know if you come across any issues.

Do note that HACS contains a bug that affects the current setup. See https://github.com/custom-components/hacs/issues/47 for more info.

@klaasnicolaas It’s still on my list to add support for that :slight_smile:

@9guiajkbk2 Forgot to look at your case. Sorry :frowning: Will add it to my list.

@ptnijssen I can confirm that the lovelace card works fine in HACS 0.4.3 :wink:
I made an attempt for an automation, but it has a simple state trigger on the letter sensor.

1 Like

Okay I was a bit too fast, since this morning the card is not available in lovelace :frowning:

My resource file:

---
url: /community_plugin/lovelace-postnl-card/lovelace-postnl-card.js
type: module

Found my fix: (Remove lovelace from the js file name)

---
url: /community_plugin/lovelace-postnl-card/postnl-card.js
type: module

Indeed :wink:

https://github.com/custom-components/hacs/issues/47

Does this mean that the custom_updater is no longer supported? If so that would be a real shame though. But I can understand as most people probably use Hass.io anyways.

Actually, HACS is not part of hass.io. I’ve installed HACS yesterday and I don’t use hass.io.

The author of custom_updater is also the author behind HACS. See his motivations here:

I’ve switched to HACS already. However, I noticed not all my cards are present yet within HACS. So I don’t expect everyone is switching yet so I am trying to support both methods, but I can’t run both HACS and custom_updater at the same time.

No worries!!

Hi Peter,

Great project you have! I’m trying to get this to work. I added HACS and the custom plugin repository is installed. I also performed the update for the extra sensors. I can’t seem to figure out how to add the card to the UI… Do I need to click on manual card for that?

I get this message when I add a manual card:
No card type found
{
“resources”: [
{
“url”: “/community_plugin/lovelace-postnl-card/postnl-card.js”,
“type”: “module”
}
]
}
Checked the file, that is there.
Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Hope you can help. Thanks

@ everyone;
Currently looking at triggering events when a package changes state, so you can build automations based on that. Made some nice progress today to try some stuff, based on other packages. It’s however a big change.

@9guiajkbk2;
I don’t think you are able to get the first letter image. I think you can get an image by using something like states['sensor.postnl_letters'].attributes['letters'][0].image to get an image, but there is no garantuee that this is the first image. Also not sure if this works, but I would search in this corner.

@wouterv;
Can you make a screenshot of your error and a screenshot of the resources section of your lovelace config? Thanks!

@ptnijssen

Thanks for the response. Your comment pushed me in the right direction already.
I am new to hassio and trying to build a first test setup so not knowing how everything works yet. But i managed to put it up now. That’s great.

Thanks for the help!
Wouter

1 Like

Thank you @ptnijssen! Will take a look!

1 Like

Awesome addon, tnx!! works like a charm!!! do you have a Dutch translated version of it ?

Update

Just released 0.11.0 for both HACS and the custom updater. This version should show a Dutch translation, given you configured HA in Dutch.

Perhaps a slight wacky implementation, but it does its job :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dank ! :slight_smile:

1 Like