Power monitoring with an XTM18S and MQTT

Yes it is working now, this solves the “isr not in iram” problem mentioned some questions earlier in this thread.
I have to check if the values are correct, the SA (50A) type seems te need 2000 pulses I read,
It is supposed to measure my Solar Energie delivered to my house.
So next step is to obtain a case to put everything in en then calibrate it.

1 Like

Hi I’m totally new to HA and ESP.

I get the following error when trying to add to groups.yaml and electricity.yaml and run the config check.

Invalid config for [group]: [view] is an invalid option for [group]. Check: group-> group-> electricity-> view. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 12).
Component error: sensors - Integration ‘sensors’ not found.

I’ve taken some screenshots that might help.!

hi @Michael_Schroder_Tho and welcome to HA community!

I don’t use this project anymore but I would say there is a problem with YAML indentation in the groups.yaml file. Please, have a look at the way groups are implemented now: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/group/

view is not a valid option anymore for groups. Simply remove that line.

Thanks that did it no errors in config now. Then I just have to see if the ret is working. :slight_smile:

It works now :-).
I had to choose an older version of ESP8266 Community (2.5.0) to upload without errors.

Is it possible to enter a start number in sensor.accum_energy. so HA shows the same count as on the meter.

How about saving this data if esp reboots?

I use the original script without web server. but will update if the second script stores the sensor.accum_energy data.

Can somebody help me whit the userdata.h file how dos it look.

‘You can change your personal user data (wifi access, MQTT server, etc) in the “config/userdata.h” file’

Michael.

What is your difficulty?

I do not know how the file should look like, it says you have to enter wifi and mqtt information in userdata.h file, but I can not find this file where the code is.

Michael.

It is there now, for some reason a folder as disappeared from Github.

It is working now.
But I like to have the same count from the meter in HA, Is ther at command so I can enter the couter from the meter to ESP

Michael.