Powercalc - Virtual power sensors

This is probably because there is no valid SSL certificate installed. You could try connecting to non TLS protocol http://hass.local. I am able to connect to the http version, and it’s not a big deal for me as I don’t expose HA port to the outside.

Looks like I had to manually point python to my CA as it didn’t use the system store. I have it all running now.

Not sure I want this light turning on and off all night, so I’ll have to start it up again later.

Thanks again for all help! I know my setup sounds like quite the pain :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure if I haven’t found the function yet or it is a feature reqeust.
I have over 30 lamps in the apartment, but I am only interested in the power and energy value for all lamps together. Despite this, I now have over 60 additional sensors that I don’t need. I would love to be able to create a group without all entities within the group having their own sensors.

Just hide them?

As @arganto sais you can hide them which will make them hidden from selections, lovelace etc. You can do that by going to “Devices & Entities” and then select your entity, under Advanced you can click hide.
Maybe I will introduce an option in the future to set hide_group_members in the configuration so you don’t have to manually hide them one by one.

You’re right, of course, I can hide them via that. I was thinking more that these entities are not created at all to not write unnecessary history and statisik data and maybe improve the performance.

But nevertheless, love your compenet. Thanks for your great work :slight_smile:

1 Like

No it’s not possible to remove these individual entities. All the extensive logic (calculation based on light model, user configured strategies etc etc) are done per entity. The group entities are just a kind of wrapper which sums the underlying individual entities.
So your only option is to hide them. It’s similar as for example light groups in HA work, the individual entities must still exist as they are responsible for controlling the individual lights.

Hi,

I use a Phillips plug (LOM001) to control an LED in my kitchen. If I know the power consumption of the LED if it is turned on how can I create a power and energy sensor for a certain light using that information?

Thank you!

You can use the fixed configuration for that:

sensor:
  - platform: powercalc
    entity_id: light.nondimmabled_bulb
    standby_power: 0.4 #power which the LOM001 still consumes when the light is off
    fixed:
      power: 20 #Power when the light is on
1 Like

Hi all, I want to bring you some great news.
I’ve been working on a GUI configuration last month, which is available as an alpha version now v0.24.0-alpha.1.
It was a huge undertaking but I hope you guys like it.
All the YAML configuration will still work and will stay supported in the future.
There is no automatic migration procedure, so you’ll have to create the sensors with the GUI if you want to and remove them manual from the YAML.
Not all the options which are available in YAML are available in the GUI, I tried to keep things “simple” and make the GUI not too cluttered.

I need some testers for this alpha version to make sure to iron out any issues before releasing to public.
You can report any issues on github.
Love to hear your feedback and any issues. Enjoy!

Here are some previews, and more here PowerCalc ConfigFlow - Album on Imgur

3 Likes

This is most important. As I like to have all the options and the possibility to create new one via copa&paste, etc.

1 Like

Thanks! That works great!

I have an “innr fl130c” witch has a power consumption of 24W according to this https://h4sh.automate.asia/products/innr-flex-light-rgbw?variant=8108514902113

I guess depending on how bright I set the light… how can I combine this?

Thanks!

Did you have only a single look at the more than great documentation?

Hi,

I am having some problems with creating groups ( and I did read the documentation :wink: as before )

This is my config:
grafik

and this is what gets calculated
grafik

It looks like my “Gruppe SZ1” only contains the value of “Schlafzimmerlampe” but for example the other big one “Nachttischlampe” is missing in the total sum.
And it looks all others are missing as well.

Is it possible to include power plugs like I did with “sensor.steckdose_ventilator_leistung” ?

Thanks!

First of all you can check in Developer Tools, select states and search for your group. In the attributes there should be entities. Have a look which entities are correctly added to the group.

When you want to add an existing power sensor (not created bij powercalc) you can use the following option https://github.com/bramstroker/homeassistant-powercalc#use-real-power-sensor, which you should use for sensor.steckdose_alexa_sz1_leistung and the other sensors.

Also check the error logs for any errors. And you could enable debug logging to get more extensive logging which should probably give more clues.

1 Like

You can use the linear strategy for this https://github.com/bramstroker/homeassistant-powercalc#linear-mode. But this will not be perfect, but just a rough estimation. When you want the most accurate readings you need to wait till someone creates and submitted a LUT file, or you can have a look into contributing yourself.

1 Like

Hi,

this one I have created witch doesn’t show up too.

grafik

The sensor.steckdose_alexa_sz1_leistung belongs to my Alexa in SZ1 and If I understand it right I would to do something like

- platform: powercalc
entity_id: “What ID should I use here ?”
power_sensor_id: sensor.steckdose_alexa_sz1_leistung

What what id entity_id should I use? switch.steckdose_alexa_sz1_eingeschaltet ?

Thank you!

I am not sure what your exact question/problem is. You are mixing up 3 different entities and questions in one post, which makes things really confusing for everyone reading this question and trying to help out. first screenshot is about light.nachttischlampe which you indicate that doesn’t show up. Next you are showing a screenshot of a group. And 3rd not formatted yaml is about an existing real power sensor.
Not sure with this information what your exact question is.

I would suggest to focus on individual sensors first.
For example the first screenshot should create sensor.nachttischlampe_power. See if this one is created correctly in developer tools. When this is not the case check the error logs for errors.

For the last question, yes, you can use switch.steckdose_alexa_sz1_eingeschaltet here, of with the new upcoming v0.24 version you can use sensor.dummy or even easier use the new GUI configuration flow.

Hi,
the first screenshot is about the light.nachttischlampe and its configuration witch I picked in my first post to show that this one is created but doesn’t end up in the sum of my group (Nachttischlampe: 15W, Schlafzimmerlampe: 7.29W Gruppe: 7.29 W)
That energy/power-sensor gets created

my second screenshot was about to show that light.nachttischlampe doesn’t end up in the groups entities

Could you share the complete relevant YAML configuration for the group?